Groggyme

Any new info from anyone in PE? We had Vodacom in Charlo/Broadwood area getting people pre-signed up to Vodacom fibre. It seems they wil be using Frogfoots network when they roll it out in the area.

Leno

We are waiting for our backbone link to be completed for our block of flats in Summerstrand, ETA for go live is March :/

Blitz Fibre, the backbone link will be through DFA

Vodacom seems to be also using them (DFA) for their towers on the beachfront (Lelani to Marine Drive to 2nd ave), looks like the actual fibre is currently being blown through at the moment. Hopefully our link will use the same ducts etc.

Blitz was quite professional to deal with,

Telkom wanted to charge us a large amount for trunking etc, and Vodacom stops their coverage next door to us and just never returned emails

russellO

Any new info from anyone in PE? We had Vodacom in Charlo/Broadwood area getting people pre-signed up to Vodacom fibre. It seems they wil be using Frogfoots network when they roll it out in the area.
I know a few people at Amobia and they also told me Fibre is coming to Charlo in March. And it will be Frogfoot.

Masik3R

I got a letter two days ago from Frogfoot notifying me that fibre installation will take place in the next few weeks. I'm in Lorraine

Leno

I see some more parts of Summerstrand have gone live on the Openserve map

Leno

From what I have seen in Summerstrand, Dark Fibre Africa seem to be doing most of the trenching

From what I can see Vodacom may be the reason DFA trenched around summerstrand as their name was on a few of the job cards/banners attached to the red/organge fencing/tape

Great thing is once DFA is there it makes it easier for the other ISP's to use them

BeerIsNotGood...

Executive Member
Dfa close
From what I have seen in Summerstrand, Dark Fibre Africa seem to be doing most of the trenching

From what I can see Vodacom may be the reason DFA trenched around summerstrand as their name was on a few of the job cards/banners attached to the red/organge fencing/tape

Great thing is once DFA is there it makes it easier for the other ISP's to use them
Dfa is close to me but not covered by them yet..

Fabios11

Hi, I live in Salisbury Park and I signed up with Vodacom Fibre last year December 2018. To my understanding, Frogfoot is meant to be installing fibre. Vodacom said by the end February maybe March. But I have not seen any work done in the area. Do you perhaps know if or what the plans are for Salisbury Park near Mount Pleasant. Thank you.

Groggyme

Hi, I live in Salisbury Park and I signed up with Vodacom Fibre last year December 2018. To my understanding, Frogfoot is meant to be installing fibre. Vodacom said by the end February maybe March. But I have not seen any work done in the area. Do you perhaps know if or what the plans are for Salisbury Park near Mount Pleasant. Thank you.
Same thing here in Charlo. Have not seen anything and I have "signed up" with Vodacom. Seen no work being done here.

ThatOtherDude

Fibre is coming to Broadwood, Lovemore Heights & Springfield.

Broadwood - go-live end April
Lovemore Heights - go-live middle May(ish)
Springfield - go-live end May(ish)

Groggyme

Fibre is coming to Broadwood, Lovemore Heights & Springfield.

Broadwood - go-live end April
Lovemore Heights - go-live middle May(ish)
Springfield - go-live end May(ish)
If this is true then I am really happy! Are you involved in anyway? I just got a flyer in my postbox saying construction work is starting soon and to contact X at X number for info. Will do that this afternoon.

Leno

A frogfoot cabinet appeared in 2nd ave Summerstrand this week, good to see something happening