thewusman

Expert Member
Fernglen Sunridge going live on 19 June.

I have my VOX 100mbps pre-order waiting for handover.

Can't wait.

Groggyme

Can't wait.
How did you find out when it was going live? Was it from the frogfoot website? If so mine says 28 June 2018. They have finished all the trenching and installations in my area. Now we are just waiting.

Monka

How did you find out when it was going live? Was it from the frogfoot website? If so mine says 28 June 2018. They have finished all the trenching and installations in my area. Now we are just waiting.
PM me i can assist

Novoca1ne

Can't wait.
Very nice. It's around the corner. Can cancel ADSL now. Considering going with Vox too as the ISP of choice due to support. But I want 100mb upload, man. If they do have such a package, do point me on the right direction, please.

Just hoping that the single threaded performance on FF is good in the area and we have no niggles.

MeTsU

Very nice. It's around the corner. Can cancel ADSL now. Considering going with Vox too as the ISP of choice due to support. But I want 100mb upload, man. If they do have such a package, do point me on the right direction, please.

Just hoping that the single threaded performance on FF is good in the area and we have no niggles.
Mind me asking if you're wanting the 100Mb upload for a specific reason? Just keen to have a Symmetrical Connection?

Novoca1ne

Mind me asking if you're wanting the 100Mb upload for a specific reason? Just keen to have a Symmetrical Connection?
Just keen to have symmetrical connection and change to a more cloud based working environment with a small local NAS. The ultimate goal is to have it running smoothly with no hiccups if someone is downloading, streaming, gaming and working at the same time.

With our current setup the upload speed is just not sufficient. The latency is high too.

MeTsU

I can appreciate that. I'll be honest, we've been on 100/50Mb since Jan 2016 and haven't been disappointed, then again, our needs might differ somewhat. We don't have a huge upload require bar backups - I tried Twitch streaming back at that time and was all good. Family of 5 in the household.

Convex

Any idea when Westering/ linton grange will change to yellow then blue ? :)

Novoca1ne

I can appreciate that. I'll be honest, we've been on 100/50Mb since Jan 2016 and haven't been disappointed, then again, our needs might differ somewhat. We don't have a huge upload require bar backups - I tried Twitch streaming back at that time and was all good. Family of 5 in the household.
Which ISP are you with? You're making me rethink my position.

Our initial upload will be big, but other than that, most of the files will be small. Seeing as I will be uploading the most, 50mbps up shouldn't be too bad.

MeTsU

Which ISP are you with? You're making me rethink my position.

Our initial upload will be big, but other than that, most of the files will be small. Seeing as I will be uploading the most, 50mbps up shouldn't be too bad.
Our Data is currently with Afrihost - although their latency isn't the best of the lot, the benefits of the extra 2 hours uncapped (00:00 to 08:00 where as most do 00:00 to 06:00) outweighs the slightly higher latency.

Once initial uploads are done, you won't really feel the incremental changes. Any larger items are scheduled to run when we sleeping.

Novoca1ne

Our Data is currently with Afrihost - although their latency isn't the best of the lot, the benefits of the extra 2 hours uncapped (00:00 to 08:00 where as most do 00:00 to 06:00) outweighs the slightly higher latency.

Once initial uploads are done, you won't really feel the incremental changes. Any larger items are scheduled to run when we sleeping.
I see vox has symmetric 100/100 uncapped with extra value added stuff. Phone, router, mobile data, support. Pretty much what we want.

R1.2k. Might as well just cough it up.

Reaper84

Expert Member
My area in Newton park has finally got some sort of action from a provider. Frogfoot has us as planned in the Newton Park 1.6 area

thewusman

Expert Member
I've changed my order to this option from 100/50 capped which has now been "downgraded" to 100/10 to keep the prices constant. Bollox VOX that's just silly.

IVTEC

Frogfoot signs went up in Mangold Park / Walmer downs area, together with letters in the residents mail informing us about the digging up and the laying of the fibre process.

StoneCold

Expert Member
I've changed my order to this option from 100/50 capped which has now been "downgraded" to 100/10 to keep the prices constant. Bollox VOX that's just silly.
They did it here in Bloemfontein as well with a colleague of mine. Really silly indeed!

Last edited:

pedruid

Expert Member

Can't wait.
They are laying in Greenshields Park and estimate to go live on 30 August. I'll be following your progress with interest.

HeroNextDoor

What is the lead time for installation once the area goes live? I see some ISP's say 2 weeks and some say 6 weeks.