Reaper84

Expert Member
They came around and replaced the ONT(not sure why) and tested/provisioned the line. All live.

Cool Ideas have sent me PPPoE details so I can test after work :giggle:

PhireSide

Executive Member
Bah! Our forecasted fiber completion date has been moved on to mid March.

Sad panda :(

Leno

Expert Member
from FF facebook:

Port Elizabeth, please note that due to load shedding over the weekend which may last for over 9 hours, power to our node may be affected. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Reaper84

Expert Member
Starting to really wonder about FF. Have the option of SADV as well but they just so much more expensive for same speeds

thehuman

Expert Member
Starting to really wonder about FF. Have the option of SADV as well but they just so much more expensive for same speeds
Our rowallan park Facebook group is moaning about lack of speed , there a active maintenance listed for port Elizabeth the next week or so .

pedruid

Expert Member
I realize that this is about FTTH in PE. However, the Echo Foundation village I live in will not allow fibre service on the property. Any on this forum with experience of Rain network in PE?

DragonMolester

I realize that this is about FTTH in PE. However, the Echo Foundation village I live in will not allow fibre service on the property. Any on this forum with experience of Rain network in PE?
We use Rain at home (Despatch) as our ADSL is really horrible.

Experience is variable.

Early morning downloads of 10-20MB but once people go online max 10. Good enough to stream 720p but not much else.