Glordit

Expert Member
So I eventually phoned Vox, they said they have over 300 clients in a waiting list for fibre because @Frogfoot Fibre hasn't started installations in the Newton park area yet. They don't know why either.

e: Finally! Some one called to arrange installation. Just hoping this is the last of the troubles we have been having.

Last edited:

Reaper84

Expert Member
So I eventually phoned Vox, they said they have over 300 clients in a waiting list for fibre because @Frogfoot Fibre hasn't started installations in the Newton park area yet. They don't know why either.

e: Finally! Some one called to arrange installation. Just hoping this is the last of the troubles we have been having.
When did you apply for the installation if you don't mind me asking?

thewusman

Expert Member
Looking better tonight so there is some hope. But 300 on VOX alone.... shoh come on people please stay with Telkom a bit longer ....

Reaper84

Expert Member
So Frogfoot say earliest they can install is 17 March and I applied in July last year lol. Area has been live since 28 December.

thehuman

Expert Member
So Frogfoot say earliest they can install is 17 March and I applied in July last year lol. Area has been live since 28 December.
That is madness.
Someone in our neighborhood fibre was installed yesterday, they went live mid December

DragonMolester

Hoping someone can help. Metrofibre are rolling out fibre in our part of Despatch.

Any preferences for ISPs? Got a application form from Vodacom but their FUP specifies a 500GB threshold for their 10meg connection and I'll 100% go over that on a monthly basis.

Leno

Expert Member
Hoping someone can help. Metrofibre are rolling out fibre in our part of Despatch.

Any preferences for ISPs? Got a application form from Vodacom but their FUP specifies a 500GB threshold for their 10meg connection and I'll 100% go over that on a monthly basis.
FUP's are not common these days, ive heard Vodacom is a pain to deal with also

I am with RocketNet on a different FNO but they are decent

Few other choices:

-Mind the speed
-Cool Ideas

thehuman

Expert Member

Must check think frogfoot also going to despatch

Reaper84

Expert Member
So fibre was installed but apparently Frogfoot haven’t made the street “live” yet. A common thing in Newton Park 1.6 as the installer mentioned they had the same issue in another street. A neighbor came out and also said Frogfoot installed last week and still not live so it’s looking like a mess.

thehuman

Expert Member
So fibre was installed but apparently Frogfoot haven’t made the street “live” yet. A common thing in Newton Park 1.6 as the installer mentioned they had the same issue in another street. A neighbor came out and also said Frogfoot installed last week and still not live so it’s looking like a mess.
That sux , was chatting to the guy who done the splicing at our manhole, he could see the joins upto about 8 kilometers asume to where their hardware is.

thehuman

Expert Member

Check here some details about isps with no fup