South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
http://www.telkom.co.za/coverage/Ok so I am moving to PE in the next 3 weeks.
We are still looking for a place to rent. We currently have a 4mb adsl uncapped account etc via Telkom and I am pretty sure I can find a FTTH deal for same amount of money. Considering that rentals in PE are cheaper than EL its something I will definitely be looking at.
There 37 pages here (i am on Tapatalk atm) and a lot of reading..
Can someone pls tell me where FTTH is available yet in Port Elizabeth? And where it will be in the near future.
In meantime ill get reading..
Opening post would be useful if it was editied with any update on what suburbs currently have access to FTTH.
Thanks.
Ok so I am moving to PE in the next 3 weeks.
We are still looking for a place to rent. We currently have a 4mb adsl uncapped account etc via Telkom and I am pretty sure I can find a FTTH deal for same amount of money. Considering that rentals in PE are cheaper than EL its something I will definitely be looking at.
There 37 pages here (i am on Tapatalk atm) and a lot of reading..
Can someone pls tell me where FTTH is available yet in Port Elizabeth? And where it will be in the near future.
In meantime ill get reading..
Opening post would be useful if it was editied with any update on what suburbs currently have access to FTTH.
Thanks.
Depends where there is Fibre..
Thanks!!Look in the Mount Croix, Linkside, Greenacres Village area or a house in the Westview complex on 1st Avenue, Newton Park.
View attachment 354382
Both those are Telkom... Mowbray was to link up the Westview Village to the Newton park exchange (first priority). Other side was to link up the businesses in Cape Road to the Parsons Hill exchange.MTN/Telkom/Whoever dug up my street is just chilling now.
They dug all the way down Mowbray then all the way up past the golf course but when they hit the road(1st ave) they just stoppedBeen like this for weeks now
I see this in other roads as well on the other side of Cape Road by the SABC. Do they do these all on 1 day or need special permission to cross roads?
Both those are Telkom... Mowbray was to link up the Westview Village to the Newton park exchange (first priority). Other side was to link up the businesses in Cape Road to the Parsons Hill exchange.
Too many projects, too few contractors...Thanks for the clarification.
Why the massive delay in crossing roads though. They literally dug up that curb in a day or 2 all the way down and now have been waiting to cross the road for weeks.
Do they need a special machine to do it so need to wait until they have 20 roads ready or something![]()
I see they started trenching up Centenary and Luneville in Lorraine. I really hope it's not MTN
I asked one of the contractors and he had no idea who it was for, which I guess is understandable.
It is possible... they are targeting the townhouse complexes.I'll be surprised if it's Telkom. They surely have their hands full with Walmer and the areas surrounding those that already have fibre. But who knows - maybe they've taken on more contractors.
Telkom's Q1 planning has not been released by the relevant executives yet... until then they cannot update the maps. Delays caused by people (including executives) leaving the company!!Telkom coverage map seems like it hasn't updated in over a month? Very weird
Telkom's Q1 planning has not been released by the relevant executives yet... until then they cannot update the maps. Delays caused by people (including executives) leaving the company!!
The planning itself is done...
But do the contractors already know of the already planned FTTH installation areas so they can carry on with construction/installation?