Africonnect is doing some complexes in Lorraine, but their prices as an own ISP are ridiculous - although they are an open access provider, so other ISP's might help us out with cheaper prices if they can negotiate with them.

I'm personally waiting for SA Digital Villages to start their rollout in Lorraine after contacting them directly. They say we are earmarked for consideration this month (April). Here's hoping ! We are DESPERATE for Fibre connectivity over here.

Bring it !!
 
Fibre roll-out in PE is abysmally slow.

Sunridge Fernglen on the train to nowhere, even though it appears we are surrounded by a fibre ring.
 
I have to assume something isn't right with Openserve's finances for the rollout to have halted as it has. At the very least you'd assume they want to offer fibre to the wealthiest areas, to maximuse signups for Telkom's top packages, but Summerstrand, Humewood and Walmer Downs still aren't covered. I've been lucky enough to have lived in Mill Park and now Walmer, with both properties covered.

It's a shame for Telkom, because their packages look really good these days.
 
Lots of trenching in the Walmer Downs/Magold Park area. I wonder if it is fibre ?
 
Can anyone tell me what's up with all the digging from Kensington till korsten. See lots of orange pipes being laid. Saw a sign saying Liquid telecoms. I see digging up to Greenacres area too.
 
Don't get excited when they dig up around your area. Probably just adding more cellphone towers like with me.

They dug up my road twice to lay fibre and I heard nothing then all of a sudden a Telkom Mobile tower pops up.

Telkom appears to be on a massive go slow with regards to the fibre roll out
 
Can anyone tell me what's up with all the digging from Kensington till korsten. See lots of orange pipes being laid. Saw a sign saying Liquid telecoms. I see digging up to Greenacres area too.

Liquid Telecom is the old Neotel, currently no ftth products from them unfortunately
 
Damn. Well hoping they laying the foundation and someone uses there lines to offer us fibre.
 
I see lots of fibre digging happening on Main Rd and 6th Ave, Walmer. I'm already covered, but hopefully it's not some cell tower bs and is a normal rollout.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X