Great software which makes your life much easier

krycor

Honorary Master
Other stuff i use very frequently..

Notebook:

- VMware Fusion
Because vms..

- SourceTree / Bitbucket
Gitkraken is better blah blah but its not free and i use bitbucket.

- Magnet (macOS drag application resizer)

- atom
Yes i know, electron app.. but it does what it does well.. and there is no notepad++ for mac. sublime is not free

- Eclipse
I'm old school i guess.. and InteliJ is not free

- Github desktop
it works with that nicely for opensource github.. i use matchings tools for things like i do dev.. instead of forcing everything on one thign.

- Chrome
carry history, multi device, works.. albeit it heavy.

- 1Password..

Mobile:

- Toggl - Time reporting. (desktop too)

- Superday - (auto time tracking.. not as nice as an app i use to use.. but i like knowing how efficient i use time as a commodity we all sell)

- Jira - (desktop too, new app) work

- mySOS - because accidents happen

- Arc - location recording.. use to use MovesAPI but fb killed it. Again.. as with time i know where i've been for last 7yrs

- Waze..

- ScannerPro / Readdle buddle - useful tools.

- 1Password (desktop too)

ld13

Honorary Master
+100 Makes finding files so much easier!

I also use Scanner, some freeware by Steffen Gerlach, a tool that uses a sunburst chart to display the usage of your hard disk or other media. The nice thing is that it shows all the major files and folders from all directory levels at the same time, allowing me to find what is eating space on e.g. smaller SSD systems.

wernervn

Notepad++
Emby (the free version is perfectly good enough for all my needs)
VS 2019 Community

Edit: I used to use efs (Effective File Search), but voidtools Everything looks awesome

tcofran

Expert Member
+100 Makes finding files so much easier!

I also use Scanner, some freeware by Steffen Gerlach, a tool that uses a sunburst chart to display the usage of your hard disk or other media. The nice thing is that it shows all the major files and folders from all directory levels at the same time, allowing me to find what is eating space on e.g. smaller SSD systems.
Scanner looks nice, but i prefer Spacesniffer

TheMannequin

unRAID by Lime Technology
A buy once, get lifetime upgrades deal.... for storage, Dockers, VM's.... you name it!

Prawnapple

Expert Member
Simplenote. It's a free notepad which syncs everything in it across all your devices. It's available for Android, Windows, Linux and IOS.

Brawler

Executive Member
If you have a Windows/Apple laptop and an iPad, Duet display is fantastic.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Simplenote. It's a free notepad which syncs everything in it across all your devices. It's available for Android, Windows, Linux and IOS.

Why not Google Keep then? It's a chrome app:
And can be opened as its own Window:

They promised integration with Google Assistant back in Google I/O 2018, not sure what happened there, Google being Google again.

For simple text lists with text formatting, reminder scheduling, archiving, collaborator, and image upload, plus option to open/send to Google Docs makes it really useful for when quick notes change to essays.

There's also this drawing feature, seems stupid:
(Apologies for the bad handwriting, was using a mouse).

Plus the OCR grab from text is perfectly fine:

Don't see the need to move to a different set of software when you can use Google's existing stuff for 99% of tasks.

And all of it is integrated at calendar.google.com:
And tasks is also there, though I don't use it as I have Jira for any work related stuff, and personal stuff gets reminder set by Google assistant (as can be seen on the calendar)