Hardware Bargains - Open Thine Wallet

Dan C

Honorary Master
With tech you can always wait longer and prices will drop. You have to make a decision at some time though especially if you need something as a necessity and not a luxury. That said some price drops does not happen gradually but more like "suddenly" like ssd prices over the last few months. Usually after such "sudden" drops the price "evens" out more or less which is what I think has happened with ssd pricing. I could be wrong though.

I cannot see us paying 1K for a 1TB SSD in the short term, so like the OP mentions he wants to buy "in the next couple of months" - I don't see major price changes.
Until a factory burns down. Like what happened years ago with RAM :confused: or was that flooding.

enerdude

Expert Member
Yeah I'm in no rush to buy. Can wait for a bargain if there is one, hence why I posted here.

No bargains at the moment. But when there comes one up one has usually to jump fast before all is sold out, so have your cash handy ;) Bargains aside, I still think that seagate 500gb I mentioned is a good deal - comes with a 10 year limited warranty

airborne

Honorary Master
Just got a call from RARU.
They apologized and said the unit does not come with hard drive.
Hope you hadn't already paid, Raru takes weeks to process refunds, probably still do everything on paper ledgers over there...

airborne

Honorary Master
After checking on an abacus?
I'm pretty sure they use the finest abacus with their leather bound ledger. They got salty with me when I had the audacity to ask what the hold up was after waiting for a week, they said refunds take 7-15 days to process and then up to a week after that to reflect.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
I'm pretty sure they use the finest abacus with their leather bound ledger. They got salty with me when I had the audacity to ask what the hold up was after waiting for a week, they said refunds take 7-15 days to process and then up to a week after that to reflect.
Can't understand how a refund can take more than half a month.

I'm certain they're running some sort of short term loan scheme.

airborne

Honorary Master
Can't understand how a refund can take more than half a month.

I'm certain they're running some sort of short term loan scheme.
Basically using customers for interest free trade finance
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Pretty unprofessional and from all other angles they seem like a legit operation. There can be no other reason though, every other online store I've requested credit refunds from have processed them within 48hrs.

adielk

Executive Member
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Pretty unprofessional and from all other angles they seem like a legit operation. There can be no other reason though, every other online store I've requested credit refunds from have processed them within 48hrs.
Subsidiary of Sekunjalo ... Dr Surve?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Good deal on this NAS. Must have corex account to to get the deal.

Soprono

Expert Member
Good deal on this NAS. Must have corex account to to get the deal.

Is there anyone here that can purchase that damm that’s a brilliant price and would really like to purchase one.

Last edited: