Help me find a keyboard

ponder

Honorary Master
:crying: My Logitech UltraX is on it's last legs after about 12yrs of use. I absolutely love this keyboard and going to miss it a lot.

LogitechUltraXPremium.jpg

I'm looking for a replacement scissor switch keyboard with the same style keycaps & feel.

Siig made a JK-US0412-S1 which I can't find and it looks pricey. Other issues is the back is raised leading to an angle which I don't like.
Cougar has the K200 but I have no idea what it's like & it's a bit flashy.

Shout if you have any suggestions please!

WAslayer

Executive Member
Not exactly the same but what about the Logitech Desktop MK120? It is also a low profile keyboard almost like the UltraX and is really not expensive.

This is honestly a horrible keyboard.. the worst entry level keyboard logitech had ever made.. I could not last 20 minutes on it and the keyboard lifespan is terrible on top of that.. Also is not close to the feel of utlrax.. And WOW, these keyboards became expensive.. bloody hell...

@ponder, I have the USB ultrax premium, think yours may be the ps2 one.. anyway, I will gladly donate mine to you.. sadly my scissors on my space bar are no longer good.. other than that it is perfect.. In fact it has only seen a few months of use since I got it brand new.. maybe you can resurrect my space bar with spares from yours..?

Otherwise, I think the best Logitech alternative is this one: Has similar low profile keys as far as I can tell but, its pretty expensive..

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/illuminated-keyboard-k740?crid=27#specification-tabular

From what I remember, the Microsoft Wired 600 was very similar to the ultra x but, had a little bit of a softer action on the keys than the ultra x did..

Grimspoon

Executive Member
Similar from what I've read.

Ok cool, Sorry I can't help, but definitely watching the thread, I loved the short crisp key press of my dinovo's. Sadly both mine died within 2 years. Keen to see what else has a similar feel.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Gigabyte has their KM6150 keyboard, but I am unsure of the switch design. From what I can see the key design and feel should mimic what you are looking for.

They also used to sell the GK-9PB yonks ago but I think finding one would be more trouble than it's worth. Not sure if the keys are the same as what you need? Pic below:

51148_2381_draft (Small).jpg

ponder

Honorary Master
This is honestly a horrible keyboard.. the worst entry level keyboard logitech had ever made.. I could not last 20 minutes on it and the keyboard lifespan is terrible on top of that.. Also is not close to the feel of utlrax.. And WOW, these keyboards became expensive.. bloody hell...

@ponder, I have the USB ultrax premium, think yours may be the ps2 one.. anyway, I will gladly donate mine to you.. sadly my scissors on my space bar are no longer good.. other than that it is perfect.. In fact it has only seen a few months of use since I got it brand new.. maybe you can resurrect my space bar with spares from yours..?

Otherwise, I think the best Logitech alternative is this one: Has similar low profile keys as far as I can tell but, its pretty expensive..

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/illuminated-keyboard-k740?crid=27#specification-tabular

From what I remember, the Microsoft Wired 600 was very similar to the ultra x but, had a little bit of a softer action on the keys than the ultra x did..

Wow that's awesome of you! Mine is USB, I can definitely salvage switches from my numpad which saw very little use (The spacebar uses 1x large & 2x standard scissors which are also used in the numpad).

I was looking at the illuminated one but apparently logitech crippled the later models where you could not do certain combo keypresses.

ponder

Honorary Master
Gigabyte has their KM6150 keyboard, but I am unsure of the switch design. From what I can see the key design and feel should mimic what you are looking for.

They also used to sell the GK-9PB yonks ago but I think finding one would be more trouble than it's worth. Not sure if the keys are the same as what you need? Pic below:

I came across the KM6150 earlier and looked at some youtube videos, based purely on the sound I don't think it uses scissor switches.

The GK-9PB looks like it will have scissors.

ponder

Honorary Master
Apparently the Cherry Stream XT is also a good alternative.

WAslayer

Executive Member
Wow that's awesome of you! Mine is USB, I can definitely salvage switches from my numpad which saw very little use (The spacebar uses 1x large & 2x standard scissors which are also used in the numpad).

I was looking at the illuminated one but apparently logitech crippled the later models where you could not do certain combo keypresses.

Yeah, Logitech has gone backwards in my opinion and they are making very little great keyboards(for normal user usage at least) and mice these days.. Quite a shame..

So, knowing about the numpad using the large scissor, which is the scissor that broke and rendered my spacebar useless, I swapped it out with the '0' key scissor from the numpad.. Space bar works a treat now..!! The numpad '0' still works, though the key sits at a weird angle now because the two clips on the one side that holds the key down is broken..

If you want the keyboard, pm me and we can figure out logistics and what not...

Edit:
LOL... Page refreshed after posting and saw the notification...

Last edited:

ponder

Honorary Master
Yeah, Logitech has gone backwards in my opinion and they are making very little great keyboards(for normal user usage at least) and mice these days.. Quite a shame..

So, knowing about the numpad using the large scissor, which is the scissor that broke and rendered my spacebar useless, I swapped it out with the '0' key scissor from the numpad.. Space bar works a treat now..!! The numpad '0' still works, though the key sits at a weird angle now because the two clips on the one side that holds the key down is broken..

If you want the keyboard, pm me and we can figure out logistics and what not...

Edit:
LOL... Page refreshed after posting and saw the notification...

WAslayer thank you very much for the keyboard which arrived today, I really do appreciate it!

Some feedback wrt to differences,

I have the UltraX above LogitechUltraXPremium.jpg ,
the below Premium is the replacement,
Logitech_UltraX_media_Keyboard.jpg
They are very similar but they don't share the same scissor switches, the way they mount to the keyboard base and keycaps is totally different so unfortunately you can't swap out parts between the two.
The Premium version is much quieter while the non-premium version has better tactile feedback and is slightly louder.

Gonna play some csgo on it tonight and will report back!

Last edited: