Hisense Q8600 Thread

Hisense SA

Thank you. But will the TV not automatically update to this firmware?
It should if the TV has never been updated before by firmware not scheduled to receive OTA. This version above will definitely enable future updates.

PDF_27

For those who installed , does this version solve the Dolby vision logo not appearing?

After unzipping the file i see its not the usual .bin or .PKG file but rate a .tar.gz

Last edited:

GrantS46

Has anyone been able to install the version provided by Hisense? I have tried but it says that my current version is the latest.

GrantS46

Well, what version are you currently on?
I am on the J1127 that a member on my BB posted on the forum, it was said to resolve a few issue hence i upgraded using this firmware. As mentioned earlier this version is for the B8000 instead of the Q8600 however when im trying to install the firmware posted by @Hisense SA for the Q8600 it doesn't allow me 'to upgrade.

dhirennaidoo

I am on the J1127 that a member on my BB posted on the forum, it was said to resolve a few issue hence i upgraded using this firmware. As mentioned earlier this version is for the B8000 instead of the Q8600 however when im trying to install the firmware posted by @Hisense SA for the Q8600 it doesn't allow me 'to upgrade.
I don't think we've confirmed that the older J1127 is definitely solely for the B8000. It may even be the same file which explains why your set won't upgrade? Maybe all VIDAA sets run the same firmware,

Maybe @Hisense SA can explain the differences in firmware.

PDF_27

I don't think we've confirmed that the older J1127 is definitely solely for the B8000. It may even be the same file which explains why your set won't upgrade? Maybe all VIDAA sets run the same firmware,

To add to that, the files were different in size. The one Hisense uploaded was 731mb... the one previously posted in the thread was 930mb... the file extensions were also different. The former being .tar.gz and the latter .bin.

Hisense SA

To add to that, the files were different in size. The one Hisense uploaded was 731mb... the one previously posted in the thread was 930mb... the file extensions were also different. The former being .tar.gz and the latter .bin.
tar.gz is compressed and .bin uncompressed state. Should use .bin to update

Hisense SA

J1127 may be used for B7100, B8000 and Q8600. If you look at your update file, be sure to uncompress it to *.bin file for it to detect in your TV.

Hisense SA

For those who installed , does this version solve the Dolby vision logo not appearing?

After unzipping the file i see its not the usual .bin or .PKG file but rate a .tar.gz
Uncompress the file once or twice

PDF_27

Uncompress the file once or twice
Thank you... I wasn't aware it was another zip file. After decompressing it, it is identical to the previous file uploaded, 930mb .bin. I will do the update via the USB option in TV settings. Is it necessary to factory reset afterwards as i dont want to lose all my existing settings?

Hisense SA

Thank you... I wasn't aware it was another zip file. After decompressing it, it is identical to the previous file uploaded, 930mb .bin. I will do the update via the USB option in TV settings. Is it necessary to factory reset afterwards as i dont want to lose all my existing settings?
I advise a factory reset for some changes to take effect. So if you are updating from the factory fitted firmware to J1127 I will advise it.