Home Connecta Flexi

Jake45

Expert Member
Hi Senior Member

The promo has been extended until 31st January 2022.

^PN
Great news! Still hoping that this becomes permanent at the end of January as the prepaid Cell C Home Connecta Flexi products are some of the best priced mobile data products currently available.

Gudnews

Expert Member
The 1GB transfer limit is too small. I got my SIM in a router and can't get by with this. 5GB would be nice.

Jake45

Expert Member
The 1GB transfer limit is too small. I got my SIM in a router and can't get by with this. 5GB would be nice.
If you recharge R50 onto a SIM card on the All-In-One tariff you can score an additional 1GB of free data with a 7 day expiry window. Four recharges of R50 will net you an additional 4GB of anytime data. You can then transfer all of the the R200 airtime that you loaded across to the Home Connecta Flexi SIM to purchase your bundle.

Gudnews

Expert Member
If you recharge R50 onto a SIM card on the All-In-One tariff you can score an additional 1GB of free data with a 7 day expiry window. Four recharges of R50 will net you an additional 4GB of anytime data. You can then transfer all of the the R200 airtime that you loaded across to the Home Connecta Flexi SIM to purchase your bundle.
Tariff clashes sadly, I'm on the 66c one on my other SIM. Your suggestion could certainly improve things. Need data, recharge with R50, transfer airtime. Iffy but not without merit.

@Cell_C Telkom has a 10GB transfer limit.

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
So much for the free spins. Be sure to use them only after 5am. I used mine after 12 and never got to use the data in the 2 hours as it used the midnight data instead.

mgkoch

"Broadband" LOL

1632983734538.png

I got myself a sim as I will be moving to a rural location soon (albeit almost right next to a LTE enabled tower showing up in coverage map). Decided to test it out at my current home first in the city. Yeah, results are underwhelming to say the least. I don't know if I will be able to work from home if this is the norm.

<edit>
Using it at full signal strength in a Huawei B535 router right next to the PC and connected with 5ghz wifi.
</edit>

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
"Broadband" LOL

View attachment 1157076

I got myself a sim as I will be moving to a rural location soon (albeit almost right next to a LTE enabled tower showing up in coverage map). Decided to test it out at my current home first in the city. Yeah, results are underwhelming to say the least. I don't know if I will be able to work from home if this is the norm.

<edit>
Using it at full signal strength in a Huawei B535 router right next to the PC and connected with 5ghz wifi.
</edit>
Put the router on the roof.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
"Broadband" LOL

View attachment 1157076

<edit>
</edit>
Hi there

Please PM us the number you're experiencing this issue on, and your address.

^MP

username and 23 others

A whole two weeks of no communication from this company, after being promised the contrary. They just do not care. This has turned into a war of attrition, a battle that has left a sour taste and bitter memories and a big fat hole in my pocket.

"Broadband" LOL

View attachment 1157076

<edit>
</edit>
My exact experience. The "network" is only usable in the dead of the night. No amount of sending cell details and addresses to the rep changed a thing.

May you experience better service.

NoLuck Chuck

A whole two weeks of no communication from this company, after being promised the contrary. They just do not care. This has turned into a war of attrition, a battle that has left a sour taste and bitter memories and a big fat hole in my pocket.

My exact experience. The "network" is only usable in the dead of the night. No amount of sending cell details and addresses to the rep changed a thing.

Yeah well... I learnt my lesson with these amateurs.

They'll just ignore your problem and hope you go away.

Well...I went away

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Hi there

Do you perhaps have a reference number that we can follow up on?

^MP

Swa

Honorary Master

It's been consistent for me. It might not be the best but it's also never been bad. People should test first if they're new users but if you've been one for years it won't suddenly change.

joshuatree

Expert Member
New 1TB bundle bought still performing. Screenshot_2021-10-01-23-45-23-246_com.android.chrome.jpg

During the day it is forties for download, upload seems to stay just over 20.

I think my speed is steadily increasing on average. CellC hasn't switched off their towers in the Western Cape yet, right? Will see what happens when everything is on MTN.

Last edited: