Home Connecta Flexi

joshuatree

Expert Member
Curious thing. The option to share data found under quick links isn't available for me on the app for this but is available on my other number.
Dashboard > Services > Data Share.

This is what I use. 1GB per month to share, which I share to a normal CellC SIM card, and the shared data expires at the same time as the Home Connecta Flexi bundle

Gudnews

Expert Member
Dashboard > Services > Data Share.

This is what I use. 1GB per month to share, which I share to a normal CellC SIM card, and the shared data expires at the same time as the Home Connecta Flexi bundle
More curious stuff. App has manage content services and log network issue
as options for this SIM. Other SIM has the full menu.

Sabatius_the_Great

Curious thing. The option to share data found under quick links isn't available for me on the app for this but is available on my other number.
The reason I was asking is because this is not available for me either. Then I read the terms and they strictly specify that there's no sharing. So the comment about it being "obvious by now" is rude and condescending. Totally unnecessary.

Gudnews

Expert Member
The reason I was asking is because this is not available for me either. Then I read the terms and they strictly specify that there's no sharing. So the comment about it being "obvious by now" is rude and condescending. Totally unnecessary.
Easy. "Obvious by now" was in regards to the steps on the USSD menu (I even numbered them!). This is how I transfer the data. I'm mildly astonished at how you came to interpret my message.
1. *147#
2. Option 8 - My account
3. Option 1 - send data/airtime
4. (Should be obvious by now)

Last edited:

username and 23 others

Sitting with over 500GB of "data" and no ways of using it. At least an end is in sight in a week or so when it expires. And so does my dealings with this company. I'm gonna stop doing frequent speedtests. Stop holding out for some refund (CellC: "hahahahha. No!"). Stop checking my Inbox for news. It's only a fool that does the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

These guys want to be begged for service.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good day

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Kindly PM us your full physical address, number in question, make & model of the device you are using and an alternative contact number to reach you on.

^PN

Swa

Honorary Master
I could transfer it on the app only but can't use it then on my normal sim. It's not intended to be used off plan so that's why it's so erratic for some.

Gudnews

Expert Member
I could transfer it on the app only but can't use it then on my normal sim. It's not intended to be used off plan so that's why it's so erratic for some.
Curious stuff. I don't have the transfer menu on the app but I can transfer using USSD and the data works. I'm on the 66c plan, what's your other SIM?

BCR

Expert Member
Curious stuff. I don't have the transfer menu on the app but I can transfer using USSD and the data works. I'm on the 66c plan, what's your other SIM?
In the app :
Dashboard (top left) - Services - Data share

You don't see those options ?

(it's for sending from 1 Home Connecta Flexi SIM to another - at least, that's how I use it - so perhaps unavailable to you if 1 of yours is a 66c SIM ?).

Last edited:

Gudnews

Expert Member
In the app :
Dashboard (top left) - Services - Data share

You don't see those options ?

(it's for sending from 1 Home Connecta Flexi SIM to another - at least, that's how I use it - so perhaps unavailable to you if 1 of yours is a 66c SIM ?).
The app is playing tricks with me it seems, who knows why?

Swa

Honorary Master
Really don't know. They just gave me the sim for using the 100GB (used to be 50GB) bundles). Haven't used it for anything else.

BCR

Expert Member
Agree with you.

@Cell_C - anything you at Cell C / MTN can do about slower speeds, since Eskom's messed things up with recent power outages.

Even since they've ended - since yesterday where I am - finding speeds to be at least 2 to 3 times (up to 5x) slower than before.

Even small downloads take forever now, and was the same during the early hours of this morning.

Will phone the call centre tomorrow, assuming a reset of the SIM will help, but if anything at the towers can be seen to by you, generally, can you try get them sorted so things start working like before.

At this rate will have to drop Cell C Connecta & up my Telkom LTE package in November.

Last edited:

BCR

Expert Member
What I / perhaps others experiencing, linked to this post in MTN thread :

Comparatively, Telkom speedtest (Axxess) a short while ago :

Telkom Internet – 2021-10-14 21:50:16
Server: ZA - Cape Town

ISP: Telkom Internet
Ping: 29ms
Download: 56.74Mbps
Upload: 8.45Mbps

bennotaute

I am sitting in the exact same dilemma. Used to have a speedtest result of about 35 to 45mbps. Currently sitting at 5mbps.

@Cell_C How do we fix this?