Home Connecta Flexi

Jake45

Expert Member
I get the message that I don't have any data to roll over so hopefully my data will last until the 8th of December.

Attachments

• Cell_C_Rollover.png
    Cell_C_Rollover.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 32

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good day

You can only roll over the data when it is about to expire. We have responded to your private message.

^SM

Jake45

Expert Member
The "New" Home Connecta Flexi packages only appear to have been introduced after the 8th of October so the rollover extension may only become activated in November?

Swa

Honorary Master
Standard Cell C, refer you to terms and conditions that don't actually answer the question.

BCR

Expert Member
@Cell_C / anyone else that might know :

From the website ...
Which radio frequency spectrum band does Cell C's LTE/LTE-A support?
Cell C LTE/ LTE-A network is supported primarily on the 1800MHz and 2300MHz radio frequency spectrum band only with no fallback to Cell C Mobile 2G/3G networks.

I don't understand why, if I select B40 (2300 MHz) in my router - Huawei B525 - 65a - it fails to register the SIM on your network ? ... router light stays red.

However, using a Telkom SIM in that router, I'm able to select either 1800 MHz and 2300 MHz spectrum.

Is it because 2300 is used by MTN, and my tower probably doesn't (yet) have access to it, in-so-far as Cell C SIM's are concerned ?

If so, will it be made available to all towers in future, based on your agreement with MTN ?

Alternatively, please advise why you think this is the case (no 2300 access using Cell C).

BCR

Expert Member
Standard Cell C, refer you to terms and conditions that don't actually answer the question.
Ja, nee - what I want to know is how much you need to spend in order to extend by 1, 7 or 30 days ?
Don't see that in the T's & C's.

So, you load R5 airtime & get to choose between 1, 7 or 30 days, or only if you spend considerably more, is 30 days optional when you attempt to rollover ?

I currently have around 40 GB (20 + 20) left of 100 GB which will expire on the 8th Nov. (midnight of the 7th, I presume). If I get to rollover up to 10 + 10 after that, it'll be worth loading more airtime value, but how much is the question, or is it really that flexible ? ... load whatever value you want to ?

... and can one load the airtime sooner than midnight of the 7th Nov. (in the eg. given), or must one wait until that last day to load it & put the rollover into affect ?

cavedog

Honorary Master
@Cell_C / anyone else that might know :

From the website ...

I don't understand why, if I select B40 (2300 MHz) in my router - Huawei B525 - 65a - it fails to register the SIM on your network ? ... router light stays red.

However, using a Telkom SIM in that router, I'm able to select either 1800 MHz and 2300 MHz spectrum.

Is it because 2300 is used by MTN, and my tower probably doesn't (yet) have access to it, in-so-far as Cell C SIM's are concerned ?

If so, will it be made available to all towers in future, based on your agreement with MTN ?

Alternatively, please advise why you think this is the case (no 2300 access using Cell C).

Neither Cellc or MTN has spectrum in that band.

Cellc only has 2100MHz and 1800MHz.

Cellc roaming on MTN allows 1800, 2100 and 900.

I don't know if MTN allows Cellc users to roam on their temp x2 (2500) spectrum blocks.

zubair17109

Ja, nee - what I want to know is how much you need to spend in order to extend by 1, 7 or 30 days ?
Don't see that in the T's & C's.

So, you load R5 airtime & get to choose between 1, 7 or 30 days, or only if you spend considerably more, is 30 days optional when you attempt to rollover ?

I currently have around 40 GB (20 + 20) left of 100 GB which will expire on the 8th Nov. (midnight of the 7th, I presume). If I get to rollover up to 10 + 10 after that, it'll be worth loading more airtime value, but how much is the question, or is it really that flexible ? ... load whatever value you want to ?
The first one is free .

BCR

Expert Member
Neither Cellc or MTN has spectrum in that band.

Cellc only has 2100MHz and 1800MHz.

Cellc roaming on MTN allows 1800, 2100 and 900.

I don't know if MTN allows Cellc users to roam on their temp x2 (2500) spectrum blocks.
Thanks.
I thought not, because hadn't seen that listed before now, so it must be a typo. on the website ?