Home Connecta Flexi

BCR

Expert Member
I am sitting in the exact same dilemma. Used to have a speedtest result of about 35 to 45mbps. Currently sitting at 5mbps.

@Cell_C How do we fix this?
Telkom LTE's a more consistent (including much faster) option (for me).

As a result, I'm increasing my Telkom LTE package from the 1st November with Axxess for at least 2 months, but may come back to purchase more of this Cell C towards the end of Jan '22 and see if things have improved by then.

That's my plan for now ...

Swa

Honorary Master
I wish they'd stop sending me these login sms. Useless login smses usually go straight to the bin but these things clog up my inbox.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Quite happy with the result, not blazing fast, but good enough to get me by:

This will make a good backup connection for when my fibre goes down. Will just buy the 5gb package every 2 months and then if my fibre goes down ill buy a bigger package to get me through until my fibre is repaired.
Im not able to roam on MTN though, because I wanted to see if I got better speeds.
I am using a b315 with xpol-1(non 5g). With internal antennas I only got about half the speed.
For R30/month to ensure the sim doesnt get recycled, I think this will work well.
With Rain I would have to spend a minimum of R250/m for speeds that varied from 0.4mbps to 4mbps.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Quite happy with the result, not blazing fast, but good enough to get me by:

This will make a good backup connection for when my fibre goes down. Will just buy the 5gb package every 2 months and then if my fibre goes down ill buy a bigger package to get me through until my fibre is repaired.
Im not able to roam on MTN though, because I wanted to see if I got better speeds.
I am using a b315 with xpol-1(non 5g). With internal antennas I only got about half the speed.
For R30/month to ensure the sim doesnt get recycled, I think this will work well.
With Rain I would have to spend a minimum of R250/m for speeds that varied from 0.4mbps to 4mbps.
Why do you expect your fibre to go down?

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Why do you expect your fibre to go down?
Because in less than a year it's gone down 6 times. Apparently the fibre infrastructure in my area shares wayleaves for water, fibre,etc. So when 1 digs, they all break.

aktiv

The latest packages are valid for only 30 days now
I renewed the 100gb 50/50 package today and it reflects 30 days only - the previous one shows 60 days in the Cell C app
Gues it came with the promo extention end of last month

cavedog

Honorary Master
I renewed the 100gb 50/50 package today and it reflects 30 days only - the previous one shows 60 days in the Cell C app
Gues it came with the promo extention end of last month

Just came here to post this. You need to pay now to roll over data.

Christo4

As a black Friday gift to some MyBbb members, do so. Add MTN BozzaGigs LTE to the mix.

Christo4

Cell C app under recent purchases and buy again still gives you a valid for 60 days on buy with card page.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good day

Kindly note that you can roll over the data to an additional 30 days, at no cost.

^SM

Gues it

cavedog

Honorary Master
So the USSD still shows 60 days but once purchased it's just 30 days.

Screenshot_20211017-133627_Phone.jpg Screenshot_20211017-133609_Phone.jpg

Also just some interesting stats comparing Cellc with MTN. I have the tower 80m from me right now with clear line of sight. This is a MTN, Vodacom, Rain and Telkom tower. Used to have Cellc but that is now via MTN roaming.

Below screenshot show how close I am to the tower.

20211016_095450.jpg

I sat on the balcony for these tests with clear line of sight. Both MTN and Cellc have the very same Cell ID and bands aggregated but the tests are very different.

You can see that even the PCI which is the sector antenna of the tower is the same. MTN outperforms the Cellc by quite a bit. I made sure to run the MTN first and then the Cellc and not the same time to avoid the speeds clashing due to limited tower bandwidth. I ran a couple and took the best screenshot of both networks. MTN did really well while Cellc did poorly. Also interesting to note that when I did a speedtest at the same time the MTN would run fast and the cellc sim slowed down quite a bit to below 1Mbps which would suggest that MTN prioritize their own clients over the roaming Cellc sims.

IMG_20211017_134913.jpg IMG_20211017_135213.jpg

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
So the USSD still shows 60 days but once purchased it's just 30 days.

View attachment 1168866 View attachment 1168868

Also just some interesting stats comparing Cellc with MTN. I have the tower 80m from me right now with clear line of sight. This is a MTN, Vodacom, Rain and Telkom tower. Used to have Cellc but that is now via MTN roaming.

Below screenshot show how close I am to the tower.

View attachment 1168870

I sat on the balcony for these tests with clear line of sight. Both MTN and Cellc have the very same Cell ID and bands aggregated but the tests are very different.

You can see that even the PCI which is the sector antenna of the tower is the same. MTN outperforms the Cellc by quite a bit. I made sure to run the MTN first and then the Cellc and not the same time to avoid the speeds clashing due to limited tower bandwidth. I ran a couple and took the best screenshot of both networks. MTN did really well while Cellc did poorly. Also interesting to note that when I did a speedtest at the same time the MTN would run fast and the cellc sim slowed down quite a bit to below 1Mbps which would suggest that MTN prioritize their own clients over the roaming Cellc sims.

View attachment 1168876 View attachment 1168878
They really throttling cellc clients, guess that's the agreement they have in place.

Jake45

Expert Member
The 100GB Home Connecta Flexi bundle that I purchased on the 8th of October appears to be active until the 8th of December. The Cell C website now shows a 30 day expiry date for the HCF bundles but they do mention the option to rollover the data using the *147# menu but no mention of any additional cost.

Data is available to use for 30 days. Extend unused data for an extra 30 days by dialling *147#, then select My Account and Data Bundle Roll Over.

Attachments

• Cell_C.png
    Cell_C.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
This sucks. I have to remove the sim from the router to do it.