HOW TO BECOME AN ISP?

idbproductions

Good day.

I would like to now. If I want to be a supplier of wireless internet. MY own ISP company. Where do I register etc.

I know about about all the towers I have to setup and so on. But where do I get the internet form?

Please help

bullzeye.za

Expert Member
You know about the towers you have to setup, but you don't know where to buy uncontended bandwidth?

You need to find an upstream provider, and 99% of the time you just rent space on a tower, rather than building one yourself.

THE most important aspect is setting up your call centre, you've gotta get clearance from the SPCA to make sure you're not mistreating the monkeys...

After that just set up a wireless antenna on your roof(engineering certificates not necessary) and plug into your phoneline and all should work better than most ISP's out there...

Skrilla

Design some cool business cards. Coz that's what really matters.

idbproductions

You know about the towers you have to setup, but you don't know where to buy uncontended bandwidth?

You need to find an upstream provider, and 99% of the time you just rent space on a tower, rather than building one yourself.

Where can I find such a company in south Africa. Some names?

shogun

Expert Member
Try turning on internet sharing (the wifi access point) on your phone and strap it to a really tall pole on your roof. That should get you going quickly.

On a more serious note... what about a Neotel line?

ld13

Honorary Master
Try turning on internet sharing (the wifi access point) on your phone and strap it to a really tall pole on your roof. That should get you going quickly.

Had this discussion*with a friend the other day. Current plan of action is a few spur balloons, long piece of string and a few cheap R499 android phones. We can then buy bulk bundles and provide lekker cheap wifi access. :D

* Not a serious discussion obviously.

Necuno

Court Jester
Good day.

I would like to now. If I want to be a supplier of wireless internet. MY own ISP company. Where do I register etc.

I know about about all the towers I have to setup and so on. But where do I get the internet form?

Please help

WHY WE SCREAMING? :confused:

moklet

Expert Member
Dig a cable from your towers, connect them to your own underseas cable which connects to some ISP overseas and you should be in business. Don't forget to bring the cash to get it all going

paulcolmer

I think the guys have been somewhat hard on you ! but under the humor there are some valid points , you dont really have to dig a trench and get yourself your own personal 'Seacom" but you do need access , would be easier and quicker to shoot a wireless link for your backbone ! but i forgot you not an ISP yet , its a sad case of what comes 1st ' The chicken or the egg'

Milton Rip

Hi there. I'm sure I can help you. Once you have established the physical location of your towers, we can talk about getting fibre connectivity to these sites.