Huawei HiLink app not accepting password

Nobody Important

Executive Member
I logged in to the 192.168.8.1 page of my Huawei E5573 MiFi and changed the default login details from admin/admin to admin/"custom_password".

I have also reset the SSID and password, and can connect to the mifi (E5573) just fine from both cellphone and laptop and use the Rain network.

The problem is with the Huawei HiLink app that I downloaded from the App Store. It asks for a password which I assume is the same login password as used on 192.168.8.1 but I keep getting a "password error" message. I tried the SSID password just in case and same problem. I tried the default "admin" password and still no joy.

Has anybody got it to work? Would be more convenient than having to use the 192.168.8.1 interface for quick settings.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Mine worked fine after I changed the password from the default admin to something else, just had to update the password in then App on the phone and connected with the new password

I do have the Huawei E5885 device so not the same device as you though

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Mine worked fine after I changed the password from the default admin to something else, just had to update the password in then App on the phone and connected with the new password

I do have the Huawei E5885 device so not the same device as you though
Yeah but that is exactly what I've done. Changed the default password and using it to login to the app, but in my case, the app won't accept it.

I think I will do a hard reset to default password and try the whole process again.

peter460332

I had the same problem , changed password to something else still does not accept . Also using the E5573 device. Strangly it does not ask for the name of user ( which you can change on the E5573 )