Huawei Mate 20

Dave

Honorary Master
Not every country is getting it at the same time.
What does that have to do with firmware?

You think if a certain country isn’t getting the model in the first launch the manufacturer will still supply pre-release firmware to that country even though there is already a finalised firmware available?

LOL

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
What does that have to do with firmware?

You think if a certain country isn’t getting the model in the first launch the manufacturer will still supply pre-release firmware to that country even though there is already a finalised firmware available?

LOL
No bud, the device I am using is prerelease, it's been in use since before full production began.

Nobody said a retail device will arrive with Prerelease FW.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
I’ve just been told that .113 is the release version.

Your device seems to be running that version?
I was advised there will be an update coming to my device. It may be to correct the verification of my device as some apps e.g. AnTuTu are not able to verify it at all. It still has its codename in some areas, so some loose ends do need to be tied up to match retail.

Fox1

Expert Member
I can see where the Mate 20 Lite has the legs over the P20 Lite in these pictures but does it justify the 100% more price tag considering phones get outdated every year. I actually cringe at what the next P/ Mate Lite might cost.

poffle

Executive Member
Loving that wide angle lens, the zoom is also incredible, amazing how the tech has come on in smartphones.

Can't wait for this weekend to go pickup the phone, most probably go with Emerald green... can't believe the blue isn't being released at launch here in SG. At least we get a gift pack with it. 128gb SD card, 2 in 1 card reader, Wireless charger, JBL Link 10 speaker

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
So I have decided to give Performance Mode a go today, this apparently makes the device run at peak performance all the time, however it does not feel that different from normal as the device is already fast. Wanted to see how the battery will last when in this mode. So far it's looking good, to the point where I think I will keep running the phone in this mode all the time, as I want to get the best out of this Kirin980 as possible
Well I did not expect this, however I do think the phone has settled in with my apps and usage.

Used it in Performance Mode between yesterday and today, the end result in terms of Battery life:

8hours53mins Screen On Time with over 20hours off charge

rubber_otter

Expert Member
I see globally carriers are bundling the Mate 20 Pro with the new GT Watch and/or wireless charger. Hopefully SA follows this example.

Sumen

Expert Member
Local launch...? Can you share a bit more? Where?
Tomorrow, don't think we are allowed to attend , only for media and for the people who got invited like some of the forum members.

I don't think they will ever invite me for anything again since I turned down an invitation to a GPU turbo workshop.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Tomorrow, don't think we are allowed to attend , only for media and for the people who got invited like some of the forum members.

I don't think they will ever invite me for anything again since I turned down an invitation to a GPU turbo workshop.
A different kind of event. This one is fully booked, I think.

If you are invited a day before, it means you are a low profile person or a student. :)