Huawei Mate 20

Tcyte

A different kind of event. This one is fully booked, I think.

If you are invited a day before, it means you are a low profile person or a student. :)
I don't think so... I received my invitation only on Friday. Remember they launched globally on Tuesday meaning they only had a week to launch locally... I think they prioritized people in the jhb area

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Formal invites went out late. I was "informally" invited a couple weeks ago.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
I don't think so... I received my invitation only on Friday. Remember they launched globally on Tuesday meaning they only had a week to launch locally... I think they prioritized people in the jhb area
Yep. Last year we went down to Cape Town for Mate 10 Pro launch and most of the people were from JHB, so I think this year, much like the P20 launch, they have decided logistically JHB makes more sense.

Maybe next year it will be DBN, we'll see :D

See you at the event tomorrow!

Tcyte

Yep. Last year we went down to Cape Town for Mate 10 Pro launch and most of the people were from JHB, so I think this year, much like the P20 launch, they have decided logistically JHB makes more sense.

That's great Tsepz, Who else is coming

Sumen

Expert Member

would be nice if they have one in Durban next year - the other event was also in JHB that's why I declined.

iWish

Hope you can share some pics of the event tomorrow. Any idea who will cover the event on twitter.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
I went to the Cape Town one last year (Mate 10).

Turned down one in Durban for P20 in April (work commitments).

Nothing for this one - guessing they focused on the JHB people - last year they probably paid a packet on flights.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Mate 20 Pro vs. Galaxy Note9 Speed test - the Mate 20 Pro out paced the Note9 by quite a bit in some of these

Huawei

Company Representative
Company Rep
Come on, why do you have to say that
Hi Sumen and SA Junky

We did focused more on gauteng based people due to time limitations. We love and value all of you

Regards

Huawei