Huawei Mate 20

The battery life of this thing still just gets me. It's not far from knock-off time at work but I am still at 81% battery, it's insane. With my Note8 I'd usually be at around 40-50% at this point.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
The standard Mate 20 has impressed PhoneArena with its battery life, I guess the Mate 20 Pro shouldn't be far off these stats considering it's OLED display and 4200mAh battery.

We'll have to wait and see..

PhoneArena:
"The only device that even comes closer to it is the iPhone XR, which scored a respectable 11 hours of battery life, but still compared to the Mate 20 is way behind.

In real life, you can get two days of usage out of the Mate 20, while with most other phones this year, you can get 1 full day, but usually not more."

Huawei Mate 20 scores best battery life of any flagship in 2018
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Huawei-Mate-20-battery-life_id111032

The standard Mate 20 has impressed PhoneArena with its battery life, I guess the Mate 20 Pro shouldn't be far off these stats considering it's OLED display and 4200mAh battery.

We'll have to wait and see..

PhoneArena:
"The only device that even comes closer to it is the iPhone XR, which scored a respectable 11 hours of battery life, but still compared to the Mate 20 is way behind.

In real life, you can get two days of usage out of the Mate 20, while with most other phones this year, you can get 1 full day, but usually not more."

Huawei Mate 20 scores best battery life of any flagship in 2018
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Huawei-Mate-20-battery-life_id111032

They already tested the Mate 20 Pro's Battery life, they were not impressed at all...... (think they tested it wrong lolol )

Scroll down... way down on this list... to 85h

https://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9343#show

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
They already tested the Mate 20 Pro's Battery life, they were not impressed at all...... (think they tested it wrong lolol )

Scroll down... way down on this list... to 85h

https://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9343#show
That's GSMArena, I was talking about PhoneArena.

It scored 85h with the FPS On and 91h with it Off. Still not a bad score, but yeah very different to what others are getting.

What I really like about GSMArena's method though is that it does give a great indication of different scenarios and how the device handles them in terms of Battery drain.

The standard Mate 20 scored 92h on GSMArena, so also not too different from the Mate 20 Pro.

That's GSMArena. It scored 85h with the FPS On and 91h with it Off. Still not a bad score, but yeah very different to what others are getting.

What I really like about GSMArena's method though is that it does give a great indication of different scenarios and how the device handles them in terms of Battery drain.
Yes not sure how they tested it cause it definitely has the best battery life of all flagships, apart from the Mate 20 but the 20 is not flagship

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Yes not sure how they tested it cause it definitely has the best battery life of all flagships, apart from the Mate 20 but the 20 is not flagship
Indeed, very odd, but they do mention that it performed admirably in the individual tests, it's the Stand By that took its tall on the results.

Something that I did highlight in the Mate 10 Pro thread when I had that for review was that I did notice that it took a bit of juice when it went into Stand By for a prolonged time, I believe the phone runs some sort of cleaner which was introduced Android Marshmallow, I think its a feature called "Doze", and it seems to me Doze is a lot more aggressive on Huawei devices as this is what runs after some time when the phone is on Stand By. The same thing must have happened with the Mate 20 Pro here.

I will charge up my Mate 20 Pro tonight to 100%, unplug when I go to bed and see where it is at in the morning.