Huawei P30 Lite

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Anyone having GPS accuracy issues? Colleague found the gps to be very erratic.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Huawei launches P30 Lite New Edition

Since Huawei isn't allowed to certify any new devices in relation to the ban imposed by the US government, the company is looking for ways to stay fresh in the mind of the consumer and one if them is to re-badge current smartphones from the company and add some incremental changes to the hardware. And this is exactly the case with the newly announced P30 Lite New Edition.

It's basically the same P30 Lite smartphone launched a year ago but with bumps up the memory and storage. The P30 Lite New Edition can now go up to 6GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage as opposed to the maximum 4GB/128GB configuration on the older model. Everything else stays exactly the same - design, camera configuration, SoC, battery and design.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member

Since Huawei isn't allowed to certify any new devices in relation to the ban imposed by the US government, the company is looking for ways to stay fresh in the mind of the consumer and one if them is to re-badge current smartphones from the company and add some incremental changes to the hardware. And this is exactly the case with the newly announced P30 Lite New Edition.

It's basically the same P30 Lite smartphone launched a year ago but with bumps up the memory and storage. The P30 Lite New Edition can now go up to 6GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage as opposed to the maximum 4GB/128GB configuration on the older model. Everything else stays exactly the same - design, camera configuration, SoC, battery and design.

That’s a very nice bump, considering the original is already pretty good in performance.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
That’s a very nice bump, considering the original is already pretty good in performance.

Mid end phones are becoming seriously powerful to the point where the High Ends seem to be more for us enthusiasts and those who simply want the best available for the sake of it.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
EMUI 10 now rolling out on Huawei P30 Lite

Recently, Huawei began pushing the latest EMUI 10 update (based on Android 10) to both the Huawei P30 and the Huawei P30 Pro in the UK. Of course, the unlocked variants began receiving the update way back in November, but today it looks like the Huawei P30 Lite will begin being updated to EMUI 10.

Thanks to a tip from a reader, we’ve been notified that the Huawei P30 Lite has started receiving the Android 10 update in South Africa. The update is large at 3.82 GB and offers all the Android 10 features, along with EMUI-specific ones like system-wide dark mode, improved performance, new rounded icons, and HiCar in supported markets.

Speedster

Executive Member
EMUI 10 now rolling out on Huawei P30 Lite

Recently, Huawei began pushing the latest EMUI 10 update (based on Android 10) to both the Huawei P30 and the Huawei P30 Pro in the UK. Of course, the unlocked variants began receiving the update way back in November, but today it looks like the Huawei P30 Lite will begin being updated to EMUI 10.

Thanks to a tip from a reader, we’ve been notified that the Huawei P30 Lite has started receiving the Android 10 update in South Africa. The update is large at 3.82 GB and offers all the Android 10 features, along with EMUI-specific ones like system-wide dark mode, improved performance, new rounded icons, and HiCar in supported markets.

Indeed.

Screenshot_20200118_184343_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpeg

airborne

Executive Member

I thought some regions always had a 6gb ram variant?

Will 6Gb now be the base model amount of Ram in all regions?

StoneCold

Expert Member
Meh, here's hoping I'll see Android 10 on my P20 Lite, but I guess I'm SOL, lol.

Speedster

Executive Member
offline music!
My Spotify and YouTube music accounts don't allow for downloads IIRC. Besides, I have uncapped at home and office and a truckload of monthly data on my phone (Telkom decided to start giving me 10GB per month free).

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Hi Guys

Anyone know if they have released the new version here?
Upgrade is due in Feb.. so im looking around for ideas

Reactions: MrR

grantduke

Hi Guys

Anyone know if they have released the new version here?
Upgrade is due in Feb.. so im looking around for ideas
I asked Huawei Live chat on Sunday about my model number (MAR-LX2) and their system said should get it in March. But could also be earlier.

Grant