Huawei P30 Lite

miz_pimp

Has anyone with the Vodacom P30 Lite received the EMUI 10 update yet? I keep checking for updates, but no luck yet.

airborne

Executive Member
Is there anyway to configure it so if you swipe up from the bottom edge it activates multitasking?

Last I checked the P30lite doesn't support this, you have to use the old skool multitasking soft button, that was on 9 hut maybe on 10 it's changed.

Speedster

Executive Member
Is there anyway to configure it so if you swipe up from the bottom edge it activates multitasking?

Last I checked the P30lite doesn't support this, you have to use the old skool multitasking soft button, that was on 9 hut maybe on 10 it's changed.
I've got that activated. Look under settings, system &updates, system navigation and select gestures.

WesleyDB

Was thinking of upgrading to the p30 lite, currently still have the p9 and it's given me great service, 4 years and still overall pretty decent. Does do the odd slow down every now and then, but everything still works. Guess I'll be sticking with the huawei brand.

Sads-1-zn

I see there's a 2020 version of the P30 lite. Ram is up to 6GB and storage to 256GB. Also there's the Y9S coming soon.

airborne

Executive Member
I see there's a 2020 version of the P30 lite. Ram is up to 6GB and storage to 256GB. Also there's the Y9S coming soon.
Is the 2020 version out in SA yet?
I'd dig to have 6Gb of Ram, you can edit photos and other ram intensive stuff faster.

airborne

Executive Member
EMUI 9 has full navigation gestures as well. I'm using it exclusively, and can't go back to using the stock navigation bar
Where do you find that in settings?

So you can swipe up from the bottom on any screen to enter multitasking mode with the app cards in a list right to left?
Would it be possible to post a screen shot of how your multitasking looks when activated?

miz_pimp

Where do you find that in settings?

So you can swipe up from the bottom on any screen to enter multitasking mode with the app cards in a list right to left?
Would it be possible to post a screen shot of how your multitasking looks when activated?
Settings > System > System navigation.

Yes, you swipe up and hold to get to the recents screen.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Vodacom also has the Huawei P30 Lite 2020 version for the same price as the normal P30 Lite.

Vodacom 4u price is R5499

6GB RAM version and better screen for same price I would go for the P30 Lite 2020 over the 2019 version of it anyday.

Currantly

Vodacom also has the Huawei P30 Lite 2020 version for the same price as the normal P30 Lite.

Vodacom 4u price is R5499

6GB RAM version and better screen for same price I would go for the P30 Lite 2020 over the 2019 version of it anyday.
Those specs are wrong re the screen. It's the same size as the 2019 version.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Those specs are wrong re the screen. It's the same size as the 2019 version.
Same size same resolution but different type of screen.

There is a review that talks about the different type of screen that they use. Will link you.

cpu.

Expert Member
How do I stop the annoying Chinese voice that randomnly speaks.

I turned Talkback off in Accessibility.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Okay, by "better screen" I thought you were referring to the incorrect "6.5″ Display" spec listed at the link.
I did not even notice that actually.

My comment was based on the improvements for better read and writes as well as the better panel used.

For the same price I think the extra 2GB RAM, Better LCD panel and new flash memory it's worth it. Benchmark scores have increased so these 'upgrades' have done something right. AT R5499 cash it's still an absolute bargain.