Immigrating to Ireland

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Thanx for info, going there in 2 weeks time for a holiday, might come back to stay :)
Im sure you will love it. It is a great and friendly place and for sure it is a fantastic place for a visit. I am looking at it, or trying to, from a long term view in my observations. Look forward to hearing about your visit.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Was disappointed at the amount of people who litter. The place looks clean and tidy thanks to the constant activities of cleaning crews but stop and watch people for a little while and you see it.

There’s seems to be no real spirit and passion. Politics and society are glum with a few frothy sideshows. I get a distinct feeling of ‘lazyness’. People play everything safe and non-committal.

I suppose I wanted safe and boring for my kids sake mainly and I seem to have gotten what I wished for. But a little spark and joie de vivre would be nice.

Also it’s a bit liberal for my liking.
You've come from SA and you're disappointed by the littering? I've seen people literally throw rubbish next to the bin without a regards.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
You've come from SA and you're disappointed by the littering? I've seen people literally throw rubbish next to the bin without a regards.
Yes I'm disappointed. I was hoping for better. Where are you talking about when you say you've seen people throwing next to bins? Ireland or SA?

Smokey888

My mate and his wife Moved to Ireland about 2 years ago. She is from the UK originally. after about 14 or so months in Ireland they decided to move to Scotland, merely due to Ireland being so damn expensive to live in.

RandomGeek

Was disappointed at the amount of people who litter. The place looks clean and tidy thanks to the constant activities of cleaning crews but stop and watch people for a little while and you see it.

There’s seems to be no real spirit and passion. Politics and society are glum with a few frothy sideshows. I get a distinct feeling of ‘lazyness’. People play everything safe and non-committal.

I suppose I wanted safe and boring for my kids sake mainly and I seem to have gotten what I wished for. But a little spark and joie de vivre would be nice.

Also it’s a bit liberal for my liking.
The Irish lasses do have a beautiful accent...that should count in their favour at least!