iPhone 15 Rumours & Release Date

I don't bother with the 80% charging limit story.

Life is too short to worry/fuss over that.

To each their own (of course).

I was convinced that it was a great feature, along with a slow wattage Apple 18w charger to minimize heat.
Was still losing 1% BH per month in the months leading up to the launch of iOS26.

Was at 89% battery health when iOS26 came out and I disabled the limit, and changed to an Apple 30W fast charger.
6 months later the battery health hasn't dropped a percent.
 
battery.jpg

Took my 15PM on a trip so was on 5G for the morning with some higher brightness.
Would last me a day without issues (I purposely avoided charging it when driving or topping it up at home for this test)

Out of curiosity I messaged my best friend who got his S24 Ultra around the same time, his stats show he gets about the same after 2 years
 
15 Pro Max battery usage on iOS 27.0.1. WiFi Only and 5G disabled. Seriously impressed.

IMG_9122.png

When it was brand new on iOS 17.4 it did 9.5 hours and had 30% left so definitely still some battery degradation (86% BH on 584 cycles) plus iOS related drain since 17.4.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X