iPhone contract pricing: Cell C vs Vodacom vs MTN

burn

Expert Member
Ouch. It isn't cheap to be trendy ;)

But well done Cell C for coming out tops.

Last edited:

JayN

I like the way that Cell C offers you the option of matching a voice/data bundle with any phone and over any period.

You know what each part costs.

The others just give you exhaustive lists with specials and sometimes you can't get a high end phone with a low end bundle.

Look at Cell C. You could take an iPhone 4s 64GB on a straight up 30, and pay R 481 per month. Out of bundle is the same as in bundle, so if you end up paying only for what you use, as opposed to paying a high fixed price for minutes which may roll over and never get used.

I like the new model.

Just wondering if one could take the phone only on a 24 month contract without the voice/data bundle and then just use a prepaid?

ajax

Executive Member
It's worth paying a R1000 or so more over the contract term to avoid Autopage or any other 3rd party SP.

cozinsky

Expert Member
Wel done Vodacom for consistently being the most expensive provider of the lot! Not only do you have confusing deals as rightly pointed out by the writer, but you also have exorbitant out of bundle data and voice call rates. Vodacom, you are the market leader with the best network but be warned: BIG companies like RIM, Nokia and Kodak have faltered because they did not innovate and did not follow market trends. Vodacom you need a serious shake up. I am waiting to see what the new CEO has what it takes. I still like you but you need to pull your socks up. Ignore my advice at your own peril.

cj1

MTN is just expensive period. I am moving my family away from MTN to Cell C and when my contract expires next year, I will be moving to Vodacom. My contract is a company contract and vodacom is the only option.

Lobesy

I missed this the first time:
If customers select a package where some data is already included, they will receive an additional 300MB of data free of charge.

Twista

So beginning of June 2012 I had 6 FREAKING VODASCUM Contracts. 6 I tell u.

I happy to say as of 01 August 2012, I will only have 4 Contracts from VODASCUM and a further 2 from CELL C ... HOORAY to me!

Slowing migrating. Vodacom u flipping screwed me for too long.

moonknight

So beginning of June 2012 I had 6 FREAKING VODASCUM Contracts. 6 I tell u.

I happy to say as of 01 August 2012, I will only have 4 Contracts from VODASCUM and a further 2 from CELL C ... HOORAY to me!

Slowing migrating. Vodacom u flipping screwed me for too long.

Welcome back from the darkside :D

Pulled my family out of Vodacon in Feb :) - went to Cell C :love:

Join us people - time to screw Vodacon & MTN back. :twisted:

lexis

It seems that Cell C is the hero for the moment. :)

The life story of the SA consumer: :whistling:

I migrated from MTN to CellC - good price from Cell C
Then back to MTN - poor service from Cell C
And now back to Cell C - good price from Cell C and poor service from MTN.

Bern

Expert Member
Cell C FTW:) Now just get that fast network in to more places please - EDGE roaming SUCKS!! Also please bring back some better priced data deals for those who use more than just a few hundred MBs a month when away from secure wifi!

simbao53

Cell C airtime is useless, you cant use it to call international calls or send sms! WTF Cell C!!!