iTunes sync music with iPhone

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Hello all,

I recently got myself a Macbook Air and like it so far. There was a few things I had to get used to coming from a windows background, but nothing big.

I have however, encountered a small problem. I used to sync my iPhone with iTunes on my PC for music. So since I have a Macbook I thought it will probably work better if I sync my music with my Macbook. I opened iTunes and downloaded all of my music that was in the store. When I synced my phone, it asked if I wanted to transfer my music purchases on the phone to my iTunes account (? I think that is what I agreed to) which I then said yes to.

The problem now is that I see all of my music in iTunes on the Macbook (about 100 songs), but when I sync it with the iPhone I only see about 21 songs. And the new playlist that I also created didn't sync.

Did any one else encounter something similar and what did you do correct it? All I could find so far on the web is to not display music in the cloud but that also didn't work for me.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Hey

Yes, I bought it with the same apple id and I authorized the Mac to use the iTunes account.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Not exactly related but Windows & Mac versions of iTunes libraries are compatible.

So you can copy your entire iTunes folder on Windows and dump it in the same structure on your Mac and just soldier on where you left off.

Did it ask you to link a new library to your phone? Maybe that's the problem your facing?

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Not exactly related but Windows & Mac versions of iTunes libraries are compatible.

So you can copy your entire iTunes folder on Windows and dump it in the same structure on your Mac and just soldier on where you left off.

Did it ask you to link a new library to your phone? Maybe that's the problem your facing?

Thanks, will copy my windows folder over. It also has all of my physical CDs imported as well, so might do it just for that reason.

I don't know about the new library to the phone. Will look into that.

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Hmm, looks like it didn't download all the songs to the Mac, because I didn't accept the new terms and conditions. After this, it downloaded all the songs to be synced.

I saw the iTunes icon hopping up and down a few days ago, but when I opened it, it didn't ask me to do anything. It must have been when I tried to download my library and the didn't accept the T&Cs.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Im on iTunes match, was having constant download issues using googles dns where it would skip over numerous songs but download some as well so albums where 70 - 90 %.

Switched to isp dns and all sorted.