Manual transmissions

Cr419

Executive Member
Thanks for the pics, it almost sounded as if you guys were referring to the TC button.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Interesting. Is that your Astra? That is A LOT of buttons.
Nope, 407. It has way too many buttons, the Astra has less, but the Astra J that came after is know for button overload. In the Astra H there is a single sport button, press it once and it increases throttle response and holds gears until you hit the red line, keep in pressed for 3 seconds and it switches off ESP (where available, not in mine).

Thanks for the pics, it almost sounded as if you guys were referring to the TC button.
Depends on the car. On BMW, you hold the TC button for 5 seconds or so to turn off the ESP.
Afaik, all BMWs allow you to completely turn ESP off as well, but not something I've ever done on a public road. I do regularly drive without TC though.

Cr419

Executive Member
I'll see later what my car does when you keep the TC button in. The caddy just switches TC off, tried it this morning. Although I've got a bit of an old man car so it will probably do the same than the caddy.

Pitbull

Verboten
Depends on the car. On BMW, you hold the TC button for 5 seconds or so to turn off the ESP.
Afaik, all BMWs allow you to completely turn ESP off as well, but not something I've ever done on a public road. I do regularly drive without TC though.
Yes, the DTC button (Dynamic Traction Control) will turn off the TC in BMWs completely.