Metrofibre Feedback

Which ISP are you using on the MFN Network?

• Total voters

Luke7777

Executive Member
I get the feeling MFN is fine in certain areas and really suck in others ?

lllDevin564lll

Hi all, any news on the outage? Have MFN fixed it?
No problems during the week in Lonehill as far as I know.

RocketsRRed

We have MFN in Sunninghill, Afrihost as ISP. Pretty good combo. Running 10Mbps and it's not bad. Issues every now and again but generally reliable. Only prob is if we want a higher speed we have to jump to 25 Mbps which is a fair bit more expensive.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
We have MFN in Sunninghill, Afrihost as ISP. Pretty good combo. Running 10Mbps and it's not bad. Issues every now and again but generally reliable. Only prob is if we want a higher speed we have to jump to 25 Mbps which is a fair bit more expensive.

Hi,

Did you have a look at the double speed promo? You should be able to get the 25/25 for the same price until January 2021. You can find the free double speed in ClientZone under the Edit package section of the fibre line.

RocketsRRed

Hi,

Did you have a look at the double speed promo? You should be able to get the 25/25 for the same price until January 2021. You can find the free double speed in ClientZone under the Edit package section of the fibre line.
Cool! Will check it out...

Nereus77

Anyone try MFN with Axxess? Is it decent?
Is any ISP better with MFN than the others?

MetroFibre just rolled out in my area and we are waiting for it to go live.

Reactions: Yuu

Silverfiend

Support has been a joke - after much of the run around given by metrofibre, their contractor have installed the TP - they reckoned they don't do ONTs on the same day - so again more run around, the MFN agent told me the area isn't live, it could take a week or six months no one knows.

I explained to the agent that every time MFN need to do work in necessitates me having to either drive or take a flight to the property. This run around is ludicrous.

So the battle with MFN continues...

ZANAIDOC

Support has been a joke - after much of the run around given by metrofibre, their contractor have installed the TP - they reckoned they don't do ONTs on the same day - so again more run around, the MFN agent told me the area isn't live, it could take a week or six months no one knows.

I explained to the agent that every time MFN need to do work in necessitates me having to either drive or take a flight to the property. This run around is ludicrous.

So the battle with MFN continues...

What area is this if I may ask? Just curious

Silverfiend

What area is this if I may ask? Just curious
Umdloti

The thing is that other people in the area have their fibre up - the techies who were out told me you have to keep putting pressure on MFN and they will get you up and running.

My point is why do I as a customer have to put pressure to get these things done quicker.

lllDevin564lll

Afternoon ladies & gents. Are any of you experiencing disconnections which last up to half an hour in the Lonehill/Beverley area? One happened on Friday (26th) evening, Saturday (27th) morning & around 10:00 this morning?

I reckon it is probably maintenance.

Thanks.

Phil Lee

Afternoon ladies & gents. Are any of you experiencing disconnections which last up to half an hour in the Lonehill/Beverley area? One happened on Friday (26th) evening, Saturday (27th) morning & around 10:00 this morning?

I reckon it is probably maintenance.

Thanks.
Not specifically during your times, but yes, i also experience slow connectivity on peak hours

Dee96

Expert Member
Hi, has anyone heard anything about a speed upgrade given all the other providers are decreasing price/increasing speeds?