Month-to-month mobile data deal comparison

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Best month-to-month mobile data deals in South Africa

If you don't fancy signing up for a long-term contract, there are multiple mobile data packages available in South Africa on a month-to-month basis.

While fibre is the ideal option for Internet users with big data requirements, it's not readily available to most South African households yet.

Mobile broadband is available more widely but is also more expensive. The data speeds on mobile networks can also vary greatly based on your location and the time of day.

The most attractive mobile data prices are often offered on long-term contracts, but this locks you into a single provider for 12 to 36 months.

Thor

Honorary Master
Is this LTE only or will this work on 3G & 4G

fishfreak

Telkom Mobile currently has a special offer on their 20GB, where they bump it up to 40GB day, 40GB night for R199

Available on contract or month to month. No router included without contact obviously

Howzit42

Howzit42
Company Rep
Where does one get the month to month
110GB anytime data
110GB night data
MTNR499
deal as listed in the MyBroadband article of 28 June? Searched but cannot find this deal at R499

cr@zydude

Executive Member
This article seems to be nonsense! As with the previous comment, I also cannot find this package (first one listed):

30GB anytime data
30GB night data
Afrihost / Axxess
MTN: R199

Axxess gives you 4GB for R206: https://www.axxess.co.za/mobile/data
Afrihost gives you 4GB for R207: https://www.afrihost.com/airmobile/data-only

Sim only plan gets you 30GB day and 30GB night for R199 per month.

mjzar

This article seems to be nonsense! As with the previous comment, I also cannot find this package (first one listed):

30GB anytime data
30GB night data
Afrihost / Axxess
MTN: R199
I think this one is listed here under Pure LTE packages
It's month to month Fixed LTE though, not mobile

cr@zydude

Executive Member

uchoose

MTN is the best via axxess or afrihost but routers are expensive. 110+110gb MTN deal nobody can find anywhere, it's BS if the deal comes with a stipulation of having to buy a R2000 router.

uchoose

Cell C home connecta I use but it's crap best speed I get is 12mb download next to the tower.