MTN 3rd Party Contract Upgrades

Vix2406

I really need some help. A few months ago a 3rd party (not MTN) called to say my MTN contract was ready for an upgrade. Stupidly, I said yes. Weeks passed, eventually a box arrived containing not what I ordered but a router instead. According to the instructions I returned it to MTN directly and was told everything would be sorted out in 21 days and I could start again. Only I can't because no-one knows who the reseller was and the retuned box is back in the warehouse. Does anyone have any idea who these idiots are that call you up and offer to sort out your upgrades are? I checked the ones listed on the MTN site and it's not those. Any ideas?

Rabobi

Executive Member
I really need some help. A few months ago a 3rd party (not MTN) called to say my MTN contract was ready for an upgrade. Stupidly, I said yes. Weeks passed, eventually a box arrived containing not what I ordered but a router instead. According to the instructions I returned it to MTN directly and was told everything would be sorted out in 21 days and I could start again. Only I can't because no-one knows who the reseller was and the retuned box is back in the warehouse. Does anyone have any idea who these idiots are that call you up and offer to sort out your upgrades are? I checked the ones listed on the MTN site and it's not those. Any ideas?
Lol, really

Never never never upgrade over the phone. What happens is these small cellphone outlets see on their system that you're due for an upgrade, then they cold call you to offer to do your upgrade, often with ridiculous deals like getting two phones or whatever. My mother fell for it in 2011 and she received her phone weeks later, with a R1200 CoD courier bill attached, so she naturally refused to pay and sent it back. It turned out that the place that called her was a small Vodacom shop in KZN and it took her months to get the whole fiasco sorted, because the shop was uncooperative, Vodacom was uncooperative and in the meantime she couldn't upgrade at a proper Vodacom outlet because the system had it on record that her upgrade was already processed.

I'm due for my upgrade next month and I've already started receiving messages about it. Next time when they call you, say loudly and clearly, ***** YOU and put the phone down. They're not calling you because they're trying to be helpful. Down that road lies only pain and suffering.

Voldemort

Death eater
Please PM me your number, lemme have a look if i can see something from my side?