MTN 400GB

NEO123

Hello

Would anyone approve the MTN Made for Home offer below?

180GB anytime Data / 220GB Night Express
includes sh@reLink B618
All for R1499 x24

My estate currently has DSL and plans for fiber have been declined again and again.
I'm currently using the wonderful Cell C network on a month-to-month 200gb package.
But service levels have been up the pole. i.e 30mb/s in the mornings and 2mb/s at night.

Did some tests on various networks and MTN seems to be the fastest options during peak hours.
The Telkom uncapped option has too much fine print with regards to fair usage. Most networks stop at 200gb packages and I need data.
I'm not too happy signing up a 24 month contract, as i watched Vodacom data prices decrease while my package remained the same.

To sum up, would anyone recommend the above mentioned package?

cavedog

Honorary Master
The deal itself is not too bad actually if your usage falls within those caps offered. MTN has a great network and they are giving you a B618 router worth R2500 give or take which will work on LTE-A on the MTN network.

You would be able to game and stream without any issues

The only thing you need to think about is whether the cap would be enough or not because topups would quickly erode and value for money the deal offers and obviously the 24 month term.

Most people would say stay away from a 24 month contract but if I listened to these people when i took the Telkom uncapped LTE deal for R599 3 years back I would have lost out because 3 years later there still isn't and LTE deal that offers same or similar value for money. If I were you I would rather search for a Telkom uncapped deal to take over. Way more data for way cheaper.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
R600 for uncapped LTE is hard to find

Same with black friday deals everyone took it cause was a crazy deal

If the telkom speeds drop at 200gb what difference is the MTN which caps at 180gb completely

Only thing is you get the 220gb night data extra

NEO123

Thanks for the feedback!

Would have gone for the telkom uncapped option if it wasn't for the fair usage.

Will give the R1049 offer a test drive for sure!