MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you received equivalent information from DStv, your cell phone service provider or your bank? You've purchased a service now and the assumption is that the service will stay the same (what you've paid for) or improve. If it deteriorates, you have every right to complain. You can't expect MWeb to describe their short-, medium- and long-term strategies and business plans in a public forum.

Well that's exactly the problem MWeb's service has deteriorated so I what to know the plans are to improve it and whether they are sufficient to keep my business.

If my DSTV or cell phone service acts up they are able to give me a time frame and reason for the problem almost immediately.
 
Well that's exactly the problem MWeb's service has deteriorated so I what to know the plans are to improve it and whether they are sufficient to keep my business.

If my DSTV or cell phone service acts up they are able to give me a time frame and reason for the problem almost immediately.

In what way has your MWeb service deteriorated that is in contravention of the Terms and Conditions or the shaping policy and that can be directly ascribed to MWeb?
 
Last edited:
MWEB, I haven't gotten over 20KB/s on news.mweb.co.za now for about 5 days, is there an issue with the service? Or is there a reason there is still shaping at 4 30 in the morning?
 
In regard to our news service, it has been under very heavy load lately, uncapped tends to raise the demand to new levels. It too is scheduled for some upgrades which should raise performance, however it must be noted that our news service is provided as an 'as is' convenience not forming part of our official service offering, thus no guarantees can be provided.

There is your answer about news servers
 
The MWEB mail system is shocking. When will that be upgraded?
The webspace offering is also dysfunctional.
 
@MWEB

So you finally decided to throttle me? How can I get an average of 27 kB/s on a 4 Mbps line 22:00 at night? Please get your act together or stop taking on new accounts. Please do not tell me that this is only the non-priority pool, these last 2 days the web browsing sucked! It has all been going too well for you haven't it? So now you can start screwing people...?
 
@MWEB

So you finally decided to throttle me? How can I get an average of 27 kB/s on a 4 Mbps line 22:00 at night? Please get your act together or stop taking on new accounts. Please do not tell me that this is only the non-priority pool, these last 2 days the web browsing sucked! It has all been going too well for you haven't it? So now you can start screwing people...?

27kb/s on what? Torrents? News Servers? Post a screen shot of your HTTP download speed ...
 
@MWEB

So you finally decided to throttle me? How can I get an average of 27 kB/s on a 4 Mbps line 22:00 at night? Please get your act together or stop taking on new accounts. Please do not tell me that this is only the non-priority pool, these last 2 days the web browsing sucked! It has all been going too well for you haven't it? So now you can start screwing people...?

27kb/s on what? Torrents? News Servers? Post a screen shot of your HTTP download speed ...

Speeds have been quite slow today due to congestion, as noted by some users on the Feedback Thread:
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...ers-Feedback&p=3873098&viewfull=1#post3873098

Rather post your complaints on this thread, since your comment isn't really a 'question'.
 
@Auntpol

It's News Server speed. Yes, yes I know, non-priority, but 27 kB/s? During the day I was trying to download a 1MB file from filehippo, gave up on it as it just kept timing out. The service has been great until now. My only gripe with MWEB is that they are taking on too many people before their "upgrades" are up and running. I have been happy with them but I am starting to feel ripped off now. Unfortunately no real alternative...
 
Last edited:
@Auntpol

It's News Server speed. Yes, yes I know, non-priority, but 27 kB/s? During the day I was trying to download a 1MB file from filehippo, gave up on it as it just kept timing out. The service has been great until now. My only gripe with MWEB is that they are taking on too many people before their "upgrades" are up and running. I have been happy with them but I am starting to feel ripped off now. Unfortunately no real alternative...

mines has been the same, also on a 4mb line. Come 11pm now - it just increased to +- 100 KB/s.
 
I'm hoping MWEB speeds will pick up once the teething problems are over.... at least they didn't pull an Afrihost and make the speeds unusable.
 
Experienced the same thing last night!

Downloading from an international newserver, between 28 and 40kbps between 18:00 and 23:00 then speeds increased to over 100kbps and they increased further from there for sure, but I was sleeping lol!
 
Same here, 8kb/s using a 384 connection and newsserver. Useless connection

@Auntpol

It's News Server speed. Yes, yes I know, non-priority, but 27 kB/s? During the day I was trying to download a 1MB file from filehippo, gave up on it as it just kept timing out. The service has been great until now. My only gripe with MWEB is that they are taking on too many people before their "upgrades" are up and running. I have been happy with them but I am starting to feel ripped off now. Unfortunately no real alternative...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X