MyBB Motorcycle Owners Thread

you not afraid it will fall off?
I'm assuming that it is at least to some degree spring loaded, so its applying pressure.

I've considered getting a handlebar bag for this exact use case though - just don't trust the average Saffa to not want to steal the bag off my bike - having had my car broken into 3 fscking times this year.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I'm assuming that it is at least to some degree spring loaded, so its applying pressure.

I've considered getting a handlebar bag for this exact use case though - just don't trust the average Saffa to not want to steal the bag off my bike - having had my car broken into 3 fscking times this year.
Rather get the bolt-into place tank bag jobs like SW Motech and others sell.

https://sw-motech.com/en/products/luggage/tank+bags/ION+tank+ring/
https://sw-motech.com/en/products/luggage/tank+bags/ION+tank+bag/

DoodleBug

I'm thinking of getting a micro tankbag, might be good for driveway remote, earplugs, card for toll gate, etc too. But I'm undecided, might just end up being something I hardly use and just more work fitting, removing, storing etc.
What I often seen on the older riders at get togethers is a fanny pack clipped around the handle bars facing the rider, when they arrive or dont like the area they simply unclip it and around the waist it goes.

who.dat

Expert Member
What I often seen on the older riders at get togethers is a fanny pack clipped around the handle bars facing the rider, when they arrive or dont like the area they simply unclip it and around the waist it goes.
Now that is a practical option, will consider it. Also once I'm off the bike, I can just empty the contents into my pockets, and the fanny-pack can be put into the panniers.

P.S. I like your name, its what a GF used to call me when we were still in the honeymoon phase. :D

Now that is a practical option, will consider it. Also once I'm off the bike, I can just empty the contents into my pockets, and the fanny-pack can be put into the panniers.

P.S. I like your name, its what a GF used to call me when we were still in the honeymoon phase. :D
My wife still has nicknames for me. Although, it's things like D00s, Dr0l and the like.. :)

Bundu

Expert Member
my bike didn't start today - battery seems flat, after I rode yesterday.... fVck!
KTM 1290 adventure and OEM is a YUASA YTZ14S 11.2Ah, which lasted about 2.5 years and was replaced with a Motobatt MBTX9U about a year ago :-( - the Motobatt seemed a bit under powered from day1..

Any tips on what and where to get a good battery in Pta/Centurion area?

my bike didn't start today - battery seems flat, after I rode yesterday.... fVck!
KTM 1290 adventure and OEM is a YUASA YTZ14S 11.2Ah, which lasted about 2.5 years and was replaced with a Motobatt MBTX9U about a year ago :-( - the Motobatt seemed a bit under powered from day1..

Any tips on what and where to get a good battery in Pta/Centurion area?
RGP Battery sales.
https://www.thinklocal.co.za/biz/rgp-battery-sales-pretoria

We buy all of our bike (and car) batteries from them. Never had any issues with their products or prices.