Need serious help with a kinda dead rig....

Abadon

Hi Everyone
I have a gaming rig built by Evetech and today I installed some adittional fans into the case. Reason being ., that the gpu has packed up a few times and this last time i was told I had tampered with it, well how do you tamper with a card enclosed in a rig. Anyway looked at my setup and thought i would install more case fans as I live very close to the ocean and have been told that the humidity and sea breeze does affect ones PC. okay so i got a 200mm and a 140mm fan and installed those and then closed up the pc and connected all cables. OMG !!! suddenly nothing works... the screen does not come on and the usb kbd and mouse are not detected, in fact nothing happens cept that the pc runs as it would normally.
I did not do anything MB related but thought okay perhaps the grpahics card is an issue and i disconnected it and used the one on the MB... still no luck. Can someone shed some light for me here... what could it be? the MB, or CPU.... I have no clue.... any help or advice muchly appreciated.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Hi Everyone
I have a gaming rig built by Evetech and today I installed some adittional fans into the case. Reason being ., that the gpu has packed up a few times and this last time i was told I had tampered with it, well how do you tamper with a card enclosed in a rig. Anyway looked at my setup and thought i would install more case fans as I live very close to the ocean and have been told that the humidity and sea breeze does affect ones PC. okay so i got a 200mm and a 140mm fan and installed those and then closed up the pc and connected all cables. OMG !!! suddenly nothing works... the screen does not come on and the usb kbd and mouse are not detected, in fact nothing happens cept that the pc runs as it would normally.
I did not do anything MB related but thought okay perhaps the graphics card is an issue and i disconnected it and used the one on the MB... still no luck. Can someone shed some light for me here... what could it be? the MB, or CPU.... I have no clue.... any help or advice muchly appreciated.

well how do you tamper with a card enclosed in a rig

Easy, you open the side panel and remove the card then tamper with it.

(Clear) Pics of inside the PC and out would be nice, also throw in some specs of the PC (guessing might make this diagnosis difficult). :)

Seriously

Honorary Master
My advise to you would be to stop fiddling and get someone with experience to help failing which then rather take it to a repair shop!

Charm

hmm fact that the keyboard and mouse dont even light up makes me think its the motherboard..

try taking out the battery on the motherboard and putting it back (resets bios)

if you get it sorted make sure the front fan is blowing air towards the back of the case and the back fan is blowing air out the case. you really dont need that many fans its more about airflow.

awe