Neotel's network plans revealed

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Your response: ITS WIRELESS, SOME MONTHS YOU'LL BE PAID, SOME YOU WON'T.

tjunyat

“It is estimated internet traffic will grow 66 times within the next five years. Out network is prepared to handle this growth,” concluded Scheffer.

Your network might be, but since you don't have coverage, it won't make a difference!

Style

OPEN SEASSON! Shoot on sight. lol

You can't make comments like that and expect no backlash.

We have come to Neotel and said...."we wan't 2mbit!" they have replied.... "ok, we will give you 2mbit sometimes and 512k most of the time when we arent giving you 56k. Enjoy your stay with us :)!"

Pilgrim

Wugger
99.999% uptime means that you have less than 315.36 seconds downtime per year.

I remember reading an article recently where 3 of neotels lines went down for a few hours.

So, Neotel Rep, please answer us this: "How is your five nines uptime calculated?"

Is it averaged over all your lines? If it is, then it is a pointless number as all your lines around the country will most probably not go down long enough to make a dent in your supposed "uptime". But, if your 5 nines is supposed to be for every customer independently, then you have an EPIC FAIL on your hands.

One hour long failure ruins your claim of 5 nines for a couple of decades...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Total BS on the reliability claim.....

And on their network also complete BS.

The core MAY be able to handle that for each connection, but the edge connections are so poor it will never reach that.

somnambulist

Nice, but this article doesn't tell us Jack-****... Neotel coverage sucks even though it uses cellular tech. Where's the news of EVDO REV.B ? or why not just go mobile wimax and save us all this cdma crap !

schurtek

No... not happening... I've been trying to arrange ptp and ptmp fibre connections from neotel, and they keep telling me they will not be offering any fibre solutions... even though the fibre runs past each and every client I've need this for... but they say that that fibre is not for client termination... i think it must just be there to look pretty..... underground.... where we now can't see it... my faith in notel died LOOOOOOOONG ago, and I doubt I will ever want to sell their products.... EVER!!!! I'll stick to Telscum, and be ripped off, as long as I can supply solutions to my clients...

(Mispelt words are intentional... deal with it... moving on!!!)

Hyltonm

Lol... just stay away from neofail they are the worst internet provider in the world. Thier help desk cant even answer the simplest of questions nor can they tel u what your data usage is... wtf , im not even going to start with their accounting department.

Rather go with telkom or 3G ... save urself 24 months of pure frustration and endless phone calls to useless retard Helpdesk.

Going with neofail is and will be the WORST decision ive made in my life...... FML