New Cape Town Startup Looking For Feedback

Buddha

[Intro] New Cape Town Startup Looking For Feedback

Aweh

My name is Ruark and I'm one of the Ekaya.co founders. We're a startup based out of Cape Town, South Africa who recently were accepted into the Google/Samsung backed 88MPH accelerator program.

We're a mobile app that borrows a little bit from current online listing and a lot from online dating to create a marketplace that brings great tenants and landlords together.

Its still early days for us but today we've released the first version that allows you to create a simple & beautiful mobile listing for your rental. Once created the unique link can be shared out to your social networks (Facebook/Twitter/Linkedin etc) as well as over email, whatsapp and even SMS. We're in early beta in South Africa (Alpha for the rest of the world but it should work :p )

You can see a quick 60second video here that will show you how easy it is to create your page.

Still to come are our tenant profiles and marketplace/discovery systems.

We're excited about the product's direction but we're also looking for feedback from users. Connect with us on Twitter Facebook or drop us an email on hello@ekaya.co! [I'm monitoring this thread so hit me up]

So if you are a landlord or you know someone who is please get them to checkout www.ekaya.co!

<3 the Ekaya.co team

Buddha

Aweh

My name is Ruark and I'm one of the Ekaya.co founders. We're a startup based out of Cape Town, South Africa who recently were accepted into the Google/Samsung backed 88MPH accelerator program.

We're a mobile app that borrows a little bit from current online listing and a lot from online dating to create a marketplace that brings great tenants and landlords together.

Its still early days for us but today we've released the first version that allows you to create a simple & beautiful mobile listing for your rental. Once created the unique link can be shared out to your social networks (Facebook/Twitter/Linkedin etc) as well as over email, whatsapp and even SMS. We're in early beta in South Africa (Alpha for the rest of the world but it should work :p )

You can see a quick 60second video here that will show you how easy it is to create your page.

Still to come are our tenant profiles and marketplace/discovery systems.

We're excited about the product's direction but we're also looking for feedback from users. Connect with us on Twitter Facebook or drop us an email on hello@ekaya.co! [I'm monitoring this thread so hit me up]

So if you are a landlord or you know someone who is please get them to checkout www.ekaya.co!

<3 the Ekaya.co team

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
I saw this on Dragons Den. This same concept.

Still a good idea even if not 100% original. Good luck!

Buddha

I saw this on Dragons Den. This same concept.

Still a good idea even if not 100% original. Good luck!
Really? Which episode? I'll have to try find that and see how it went :p We actually started with www.eboard.io which was a tool to help people find estate agents show houses, using their smartphones in place of those silly corner sign boards. We released that as a free tool to the industry and are now working on the rental market.

Thanks for the GL. Please spread the word if you see anyone looking to privately rent their house/room :)

Buddha

Thanks Nerfherder (love that name)

If you know anyone looking to privately rent their house/apartment or even sublet a room in their house please let them know about it :)

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Really? Which episode? I'll have to try find that and see how it went :p We actually started with www.eboard.io which was a tool to help people find estate agents show houses, using their smartphones in place of those silly corner sign boards. We released that as a free tool to the industry and are now working on the rental market.

Thanks for the GL. Please spread the word if you see anyone looking to privately rent their house/room :)
I really dont know which episode. I watch them out of order on Youtube. I think two dragons ended up going for the deal so it seems a good idea.

McGuywer

Executive Member
You must really be looking for feedback by creating so many threads.

Buddha

@Mcguywer We are indeed :) I wasnt aiming to spam I just know from personal experience not every one reads every category so I looked for 3 that fit the type of person we were looking for feedback from.

@Electric Yup thats me.

sp4ceman

front page seems to take forever to load on my mobile. Loads the header and footer and then just sits

Buddha

@ Semaphore,

Glad you like the idea. We did quite a bit of testing on the name and most people loved it. Do you telling what you dont like about it?

@sp4ceman,

Interesting. We have tried to actually optimise it for mobile. I wonder if it might be the youtube video thats taking time to register? Eitherway I'll do some tests thanks for letting me know!

MKFrost

Expert Member
I like the idea and think that there is definitely a market for it.

When will the rest of the site go live i.e. ability to view what has been listed etc. ?

Buddha

I like the idea and think that there is definitely a market for it.

When will the rest of the site go live i.e. ability to view what has been listed etc. ?
Glad yo like the idea MKFrost! We're finishing off the Tenant side of the app (profile/requirements etc) over the next couple of days and will then be focusing on the marketplace/discovery section. So soon :)

In the mean time any listings that are created can be shared by the landlord via their facebook/twitter/email/whatsapp/sms. On FB/Twitter the listings are actually pulled into the feed and displayed quite beautifully (if I do say so myself)