BMC

Hi, during the day internet & wifi work 100%, but at night I experience wifi connectivity issues - dead slow or non existent.

Running a Telkom Pace921VNX Router with Telkom 40mbps VDSL on Apple MacBook

Devices connected directly with ethernet cable still work fine, accessing the internet. So I can eliminate the Telkom Connectivity issues

Any advice?

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Check your router settings, mine has one where you can limit the wifi access to certain times

MickZA

Executive Member
Try changing your wifi channel. Android has the WiFi Analyser app that will show you the least contended channel in the evenings.

isie

Honorary Master
Try changing your wifi channel. Android has the WiFi Analyser app that will show you the least contended channel in the evenings.

+1 on this - you could have a neighbour who is using his router only at night thats drowning out your signal.

The_MAC

Executive Member
As suggested, try to change the channel. Maybe unlikely but could also be one of these: Electromagnetic_interference_at_2.4_GHz

If the channel selection doesn't solve the problem, try to go to the 5GHz band if your router supports it. Only drawback is that the range is reduced.

Last edited:

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member
Maybe a neighbor with a wireless DSTV remote blaster. It took my a while to figure it out...

kianm

Honorary Master
Check your router settings, mine has one where you can limit the wifi access to certain times

This is a possibility and if its enabled you might also want to make sure the time is 100% correct. Or it could be channel congestion as mentioned