Non-Delivery by Telkom Mobile

reneg8or

My son ordered a laptop with data bundle and it was approved about 2 weeks ago. Many trips down to the store and many promises later, still no laptop. Excuses from staff vary but the end result is confusion and non-delivery.

It is not for playing games on, but to get actual work done. I wonder what the real issue is here?

RichardG

Honorary Master
My suggestion would be to cancel the contract with immediate effect as you have not received any goods whatsoever as yet, have you decided to take the matter further and contact the REP on the forum or vent your frustration on twitter to get some positive feedback.

It's unacceptable that they allow you to sign on the dotted line and you haven't received any goods.

reneg8or

I also told him that he should cancel. I have seen for myself the stack of newly signed contracts and they do not even have a single phone, tablet or laptop in stock - at one of the most prestigious malls in SA. This really is bad. Otherwise, their service is tops.

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
My son ordered a laptop with data bundle and it was approved about 2 weeks ago. Many trips down to the store and many promises later, still no laptop. Excuses from staff vary but the end result is confusion and non-delivery.

It is not for playing games on, but to get actual work done. I wonder what the real issue is here?
I also told him that he should cancel. I have seen for myself the stack of newly signed contracts and they do not even have a single phone, tablet or laptop in stock - at one of the most prestigious malls in SA. This really is bad. Otherwise, their service is tops.
Hi reneg8or

We would like to investigate your issue.

Please PM us the details of the store and your (or your son’s) contact details.

Thank you
Telkom Mobile Social Media Team

reneg8or

Hi reneg8or

We would like to investigate your issue.

Please PM us the details of the store and your (or your son’s) contact details.

Thank you
Telkom Mobile Social Media Team
I have done as requested and I hope that you can sort out the problems at the branch, as it is contradicting their otherwise excellent service. It seems that the problems lie with logistics elsewhere and that the branch is not guilty of dragging their feet.

In fact, service there usually is top-notch and the staff there are exceptional, especially when compared with the other three brands represented in the same mall. TM consultants generally seem to know their product, the services they sell and they also are always very friendly and helpful. In fact, I have recently written the mall management a letter, praising the Telkom Mobile staff for their service excellence.

I send others to that store and I have even brought foreign clientéle to Telkom Mobile.

The logistical issues elsewhere should be identified and corrected.

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
I have done as requested and I hope that you can sort out the problems at the branch, as it is contradicting their otherwise excellent service. It seems that the problems lie with logistics elsewhere and that the branch is not guilty of dragging their feet.

In fact, service there usually is top-notch and the staff there are exceptional, especially when compared with the other three brands represented in the same mall. TM consultants generally seem to know their product, the services they sell and they also are always very friendly and helpful. In fact, I have recently written the mall management a letter, praising the Telkom Mobile staff for their service excellence.

I send others to that store and I have even brought foreign clientéle to Telkom Mobile.

The logistical issues elsewhere should be identified and corrected.
Hi reneg8or

Thank you for your PM and we did forward your query.

Telkom Mobile Social Media team

reneg8or

Hi reneg8or

Thank you for your PM and we did forward your query.

Telkom Mobile Social Media team
Oh, thanks, but you did not need to have done that, as they are fully aware of the situation. As the problem is not at branch level, it has to be sorted out higher up, which is what I have thought you would be doing. Forwarding emails is just another way of passing on responsibility without acting upon it yourself.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Oh, thanks, but you did not need to have done that, as they are fully aware of the situation. As the problem is not at branch level, it has to be sorted out higher up, which is what I have thought you would be doing. Forwarding emails is just another way of passing on responsibility without acting upon it yourself.
Don't be nasty. They're trying to help :wtf:

MickeyD

RIP
To whom did the TM team forward your query?

reneg8or

To whom did the TM team forward your query?
By no means am I trying to be nasty. As there is a general stock delivery problem, meaning that branches become sold out and cannot deliver, it is obvious that branch managers are aware of this already, as was confirmed to me. Forwarding my inquiry to the branch is adding to the burden of the branch manager and his staff, without even remotely addressing the logistical issues higher up in the hierarchy. One would have expected a more hands-on approach, not acting as a postmaster. After all, we have communicated with the branch staff in every way possible and they are as frustrated as we are.

Perhaps, if someone knows where to interrupt the CEO's busy schedule, he could take action from the top. It is not my fight but that of my son, that is why the CEO have not received a call from me yet. I am known to work things from the top downward, not the other way around.

The staff at the branch are really very friendly and helpful and they already are struggling to keep the public happy.

MickeyD

RIP
How do you know that the TM team only sent your query to the branch manager and not to the other relevant supply chain parties?

reneg8or

No delivery as yet. Branch very helpful but talking to Telkom is not exactly easy. The branch does not even have a phone line so I have to go down there every time I need to follow up. Why don't Telkom have landlines?