Oneplus 6

Glue

Expert Member
I'm pretty sure you delivered an iPhone 4s there for me once upon a time? Sold and bought off of Carbonite?
Lol that steers is my favorite fast food place in kempton,we have spoken many times and you will recognize me when you see me.
We did a deal also but can't remember what it was for yes.

Holiman

6T officially released, not worth the upgrade I think. Loudspeaker still poor and no headphone jack are my biggest peeves.

sand_man

Honorary Master
6T officially released, not worth the upgrade I think. Loudspeaker still poor and no headphone jack are my biggest peeves.
Yeah, stereo speakers is so overdue by now!! Headphone jack is a non issue though, unless you someone who perpetually charges their phone while listening to the headphones.

Holiman

Yeah, stereo speakers is so overdue by now!! Headphone jack is a non issue though, unless you someone who perpetually charges their phone while listening to the headphones.
@sand_man I am pretty much office bound.so I find myself in situations where I need to charge and destroy my ears. But you are right, it's not a big deal. Had a an adapter with the mate 10. Worked pretty well

dewaldcels

Hi, Gearbest has the official cases in stock. Buy it from there but please DO NOT EVER use standard shipping with Post Office.
I made that mistake. I've had my phone for a month and the case landed in SA on the 16th Oct. They just don't know where it is... Dammit..

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
The updated gesture navigation is such a huge improvement!

Quick app switching is lightning fast and the home transition is very slick. Kind of a bummer that you have to use the OnePlus launcher for the home transition to work properly (with apps reducing into their home screen icon), but I'm already pretty used to it. Easily the best stock launcher I'm aware of.

shiverz

Expert Member
Got my phone last week. Ordered the accessories from Gearbest and I should have them tomorrow. Excited to try out the Nylon case.

Bought some tempered glass from India and it sucks really badly. Doesn't fit the whole screen and a lot of dirt and pocket lint gets in. Ordered an original screen protector from Takealot with the app150 code. Reviews look promising. It'll be here on Wednesday.

I unlocked the bootloader and rooted it. Running OOS Pie Beta 6 with Blu Spark Kernel. It's brilliant. Getting 6hrs screen on time. Initial testing of Night mode is that it reduces a hell of a lot of noise from dark shots. Still have to test more.

sand_man

Honorary Master
The updated gesture navigation is such a huge improvement!

Quick app switching is lightning fast and the home transition is very slick. Kind of a bummer that you have to use the OnePlus launcher for the home transition to work properly (with apps reducing into their home screen icon), but I'm already pretty used to it. Easily the best stock launcher I'm aware of.

I prefer the navigation gestures only because all the screen real estate is utilized. Back, home and back, home and recents all take up a portion of the screen, at the bottom. I wish it could be made transparent in apps... Anyway to do this?

Some apps do it by default like Talon but most dont...

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I prefer the navigation gestures only because all the screen real estate is utilized. Back, home and back, home and recents all take up a portion of the screen, at the bottom. I wish it could be made transparent in apps... Anyway to do this?

Some apps do it by default like Talon but most dont...

The lack of transparency within apps is indeed infuriating. Earlier this year I looked pretty hard for a solution but couldn't find one. Might be a Google-level decision to avoid the buttons being hard to see in apps that weren't designed for transparent buttons.

The full-screen view with gestures is indeed why it's worth some minor inconveniences, such as swiping for back instead of a quick touch.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I actually love the gestures but on 9.0.2 the animations aren't so natural using custom launcher (well, Nova in particular).

It behaves differently to how it behaves using Oneplus launcher.

Also some apps are getting confused whilst typing where hitting the space bar actually evokes the home gesture. This happens often to me in Whatsapp...

Last edited:

sand_man

Honorary Master
Oneplus native app portrait mode rear camera...

Gcam, portrait mode rear camera...

sand_man

Honorary Master
Oneplus native app, portrait mode rear facing camera...

Gcam, portrait mode rear facing camera...

shiverz

Expert Member
I actually love the gestures but on 9.0.2 the animations aren't so natural using custom launcher (well, Nova in particular).

Also some apps are getting confused whilst typing where hitting the space bar actually evokes the home gesture. This happens often to me in Whatsapp...

Try installing OnePlus launcher apk from apkmirror. October 31st upload. Some XDA guys say it has fixed some keyboard issues for them.

Holiman

The spacebar thing is annoying. That's happening to me too