Oneplus 6

sand_man

Honorary Master
Stock Launcher is super smooth. Annoyingly good. Wish Nova was as smooth.

Leisure Larry

Updated to pie. found a fix for call record.

Use this ADB command: adb shell settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1

It builds the call record feature straight into the call settings menu. recording is clear both ways.

View attachment 565755
After the last security patch (1 November 2018) this adb command seems to be working fine. Not deleted as reported earlier.

shiverz

Expert Member
Got my original screen protector today from Takealot. It took a lot of fidgeting to get right. A lot of dust and a couple bubbles on the edges wouldn't go out. But in the end it worked out OK.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Decent man, how's the quality? I'm terrible with screen protectors. Any bubble or dust trapped underneath and I'll remove and discard cause they impossible to remove and reapply. Right now I'm using my 6 naked barring a cover of course.
Got my original screen protector today from Takealot. It took a lot of fidgeting to get right. A lot of dust and a couple bubbles on the edges wouldn't go out. But in the end it worked out OK.

shiverz

Expert Member
Decent man, how's the quality? I'm terrible with screen protectors. Any bubble or dust trapped underneath and I'll remove and discard cause they impossible to remove and reapply. Right now I'm using my 6 naked barring a cover of course.
I screwed up so many times bru maybe like 9 or10 . It's able to be reapplied without problem. But there's 2 bits of dust that's still under. I got dik and just left it.

This is probably the best screen protector I've seen. Touch sensitivity is almost like normal and the application on 2.5D glass edges is crazy good.

sand_man

Honorary Master
There
The spacebar thing is annoying. That's happening to me too
There's been a Launcher update that fixes it apparently. Just installed it off of play store. So far so good. Holding thumbs cause it's been f.. Ing irritating to use lately.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I screwed up so many times bru maybe like 9 or10 . It's able to be reapplied without problem. But there's 2 bits of dust that's still under. I got dik and just left it.

This is probably the best screen protector I've seen. Touch sensitivity is almost like normal and the application on 2.5D glass edges is crazy good.
Oh cool, I think I may just order one...

sand_man

Honorary Master
Yeah. Not issues in a thread but the category menus are shocking. Always been the case for me but I don't ever recall it being as bad as it is currently.

Not all the time mind you but just lately it seems 70% of the time, where's previously it might happen 20% of the time.

How you mean? Scrolling?

simp

Yeah. Not issues in a thread but the category menus are shocking. Always been the case for me but I don't ever recall it being as bad as it is currently.

Not all the time mind you but just lately it seems 70% of the time, where's previously it might happen 20% of the time.
I've found this to be the case across a variety of handsets, not just the OP6.
One of those apps that doesn't really have alternatives. Love to hate it ;)

sand_man

Honorary Master
I've found this to be the case across a variety of handsets, not just the OP6.
One of those apps that doesn't really have alternatives. Love to hate it ;)
True. Never used to bug me but just seems more prevalent on the OP6. Could just be psychosomatic mind you.

Ares1000101

Typing from my OP6T! Amazing!
Size is something to get used to. Weird cos I'm used to holding more than 6 inches....

See my battery usage, which began out of the box at 54%.