OOB: 2+2 - another one gets bitten.

alan101

Add me as another one bitten. Idiot that I am I have one 2+2 for myself and one for my wife. June's deduction from my account over R2000. Still don't know why. July R1500. This month, who knows, but this month's overspend is my fault since I screwed up the downloader's scheduler and it overran till 5:30am. Bill for the one 2+2 now standing at R600. So, count me as another Vodacom defector once the contracts expire; that includes my iPhone contract in Jan 2012. The sooner I can drop VC the better, never to return. I swear, even 8ta will see me as a customer before VC again.

I wonder whether there's a case for a class-action against VC citing something like scalping. What if all of use who got nailed put R200-R500 into a trust account with some legal firm until there's enough for an attorney to have a go at them?

Someone said this shows how the 3c/mb can be sustainable. But what about the bad PR it generates? What's the cost of that? It will cost them at least one customer who was with them from the launch year. One supposes there will be others.

2old4this

Cancelled with VC, last month!
Cancelled with DSTV from 1 July - 2 big sharks outta my like! Thank you!

Odracir

Expert Member
Why is it that the VC customers only realize after a bad experience that VC is only there to get your money and nothing else.

VC care more about their shareholders than the customers, period.

Jola

Honorary Master
I have been trying to warn people about this forever, but nobody listens.

I won't touch Vodacom while they have this OOB racket going on !

Elimentals

Honorary Master
I think OOB crap is the only reason I stick around on prepaid, even for voice.

Yes I pay more than contract rates but never again will a cell company hit me with a R10 000 account at the end of a month causing a mini heart attack.

alan101

Let's not lose focus. Of course they care more about their shareholders; that's true for any company. However, that's no excuse for this kind of price gouging. That's supposed to be limited to loan sharks.

Why is it that the VC customers only realize after a bad experience that VC is only there to get your money and nothing else.

Tweak

Expert Member

Even members on this forum don't listen :p

Its best to let people get burned themselves.

HideInLight

Expert Member
Didn't you set a debit limit? Or did their system kick in too late?

Think Vodacom should be forced to put everyone who signed up for the deal on the lowest debit limit. So that customers must specifically ask for it to be removed instead of vice versa like it is now.

MickeyD

RIP

/thanks morkhans

R13...

Honorary Master
Didn't you set a debit limit? Or did their system kick in too late?

Think Vodacom should be forced to put everyone who signed up for the deal on the lowest debit limit. So that customers must specifically ask for it to be removed instead of vice versa like it is now.
When you sign up, the credit limit is set at R2, 500 and can't be changed inside the first 3 months.

Shayd

Expert Member
After getting a R5000 bill for my R500 account, I decided a guaranteed R750 for adsl is better than maybe getting a R5000 bill from vodacom.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

K

kingrob

After getting a R5000 bill for my R500 account, I decided a guaranteed R750 for adsl is better than maybe getting a R5000 bill from vodacom.

OUCH!!!

That's halfway to a new Samsung 40'' 3D LED TV. :(

F

Fudzy

Don't these guys offer a hard cap? I find it very devious that they don't.

alan101

What kind of people go for high-capacity 3G accounts? Presumably people who, like me, are road warriors and/or geeks and/or bloggers. We are the types who influence others one way or the other. Are these really the kind of people a company like VC should piss off? My guess is the defection rate of geeks, and their sphere of influence, to CellC and 8ta is huge. I'd love so see the figures. Add me and my sphere to that list. Of course, as with Microsoft, it might take a while before the effect is noticeable, but when it happens, it happens fast. By then, I guess, the CEO and the EXCO of VC would have moved on and left the disaster for someone else to sort out. Isn't life a bitch?

Screwball

How does Vodacom's the out of bundle system work. I have a new 2Gig + 2 Gig Owl contract with them. Yet I suddenly received a SIM saying I had used up all my data bundle. When I tried to log onto the system I could not get on, as it appeared I was locked out due to no data left as pert of my contract. I decide to unplug modem and wait till new month (August 2011) now I get updated bundle plus a statement say I had used +/- R1,000.00 in out of bundle time and would be deducted from my account at month end.
What doe I do .... pay the price and shut up??????
HELP
Errol

Shayd

Expert Member
Crap like is what made me move to adsl.

Jola

Honorary Master
I could really have used a 2GB per month top-up contract, but I wouldn't touch that open-ended shark bait !!!