[Personal Experiences] Hisense TV's

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Right, so B8000 > b7200 in everyway except for OS, so if I'm not getting Chromecast Built-in anyway the next would be B8000 or Q8600?

From this thread it seems the ppl are very happy with their B8000s but some Q8600 owners expected more?
Yeah I feel like the Q8600 owners have had too many issues

dhirennaidoo

Right, so B8000 > b7200 in everyway except for OS, so if I'm not getting Chromecast Built-in anyway the next would be B8000 or Q8600?

From this thread it seems the ppl are very happy with their B8000s but some Q8600 owners expected more?
Why not just buy a chromecast or MiBox?

I'm quite happy with the Q8600 for the price.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Thanks, great comparison. I need the bastard child of the b8000 and b7200 :unsure:
LOL, same here. I was never aware that the B7200 was running Android TV as OS, I thought it was just the Android mobile interface. When buying a TV in the future I'll keep an eye on the B7200 and the B8000 for sure. I have a MiBox, but would rather use it on my old TV if and when I move it to the bedroom. I've grown so accustomed to Android TV as OS, it will be tough to live without it, lol.

Black Smoke

Anybody got an idea what the latest Firmware version is for the Q8600?

Currently on J1127. Hoping a new one is out.

SangomaZA

Im trying to find the latest firmware for the 55B8000UW , I currently am on firmware : V0000.01.00a.J1127 . Its pretty cool , except I have no idea how to access an appstore and install apps I want like twitch and an ad-blocker maybe?

Anyone with any clever ideas or resources , your help is much appreciated :D

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Im trying to find the latest firmware for the 55B8000UW , I currently am on firmware : V0000.01.00a.J1127 . Its pretty cool , except I have no idea how to access an appstore and install apps I want like twitch and an ad-blocker maybe?

There was one linked earlier in thread, can't remember which page :(

Updated mine with it a while back

StoneCold

Expert Member

The B8000 is running VIDAA 3.0 as operating and not Android TV as OS, so you won't be able to install any apps. You should have bought the B7200 instead because it runs Android TV as OS natively and give you the option to sideload other apps.

Your only option now is to either buy an Android TV certified box and connect it to your TV or exchange it for the B7200.

Last edited:

bokka1

Expert Member
Took it upon myself since no response here. For anyone having a similar issue, there is a firmware update H1230 which apparently fixes the issue. Hisense will mail the update directly to you if you contact them.
Do you know if that Firmware is South African? Does it include Showmax?

Subways81

So I bit the bullet and ordered the 55B8000 today (Delivery on Wednesday I hope) Sucks that im going to have to sticky tape a mibox to the back of it to get the "Smarts" im after but I am looking forward to an eye melting good picture experience though!

ahmedomar

Hi guys

What's your thoughts on the viewing angle of the B8000. I must say I'm not impressed as the colour appear washed just at a small angle in a small lounge,

Is this normal on this panel?

Thanks

Subways81

Right, set up the B8000 today, first impressions, picture is great, 4k HDR stream from a flash drive was incredible, Vidaa is not bad, pretty responsive, did Netflix as well as could be expected. DstvNow app is complete kaak, in fact it seems to have crashed the TV... Remote is no longer responsive and I'm actually going to have to get up off my lazy ass and turn it off and on again. Will connect the MiBox and forget about Vidaa I reckon.

rosab

@Hisense SA I have a 55k3110pw Hisense. Youtube started giving problems over December with just loading on the screen. I contacted Hisense service. They gave me a firmware file to upload. Now my tv is just flashing green, red, yellow and black. According to service the firmware blew the mainboard and to top it all they do not have a spare mainboard.
I am very disappointed with their product and service. My TV is still under warranty.

Last edited:

Hisense SA

@Hisense SA I have a 55k3110pw Hisense. Youtube started giving problems over December with just loading on the screen. I contacted Hisense service. They gave me a firmware file to upload. Now my tv is just flashing green, red, yellow and black. According to service the firmware blew the mainboard and to top it all they do not have a spare mainboard.
I am very disappointed with their product and service. My TV is still under warranty.
Message me your details and I'll put you in touch with the correct people.

PDF_27

It shows Dolby vision in the corner when you switch on the tv if it using dolby vision, this on B8000.

HDR10 you can check by pressing info button on the remote, it will says hdr10, dolby vision shows 8bit.

You need high end media play to use dolby vision. Like the apple tv 4k, fire tv cube etc.
I have the 55B8000 and when watching Dolby vision or HDR10, there is no pop-up on the screen at all. I have to go digging in the picture menu to see that it has changed.

Latest firmware J1127.

I've seen the pop-up on another Hisense 65B7100 so I know what should appear, but nothing does on the 55B8000

PDF_27

Hi guys

What's your thoughts on the viewing angle of the B8000. I must say I'm not impressed as the colour appear washed just at a small angle in a small lounge,

Is this normal on this panel?

Thanks
Not a great viewing angle panel... I improved it a bit by reducing the backlight down to 50. It made a small difference.