Please Rate Cool Ideas

Rate Cool Ideas, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 180 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 37 15.2%
  • Average

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 9 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolmp

As a recent, new customer, I'm pretty stoked with their service. A tad on the expensive side via Openserve, but don't regret signing up with them. Downloads, streaming etc, going like a boeing :cool:
Do you stream from hosts in the USA? We are battling to get international streaming to work well.

livw88

I've been with Cool Ideas for 11 months now and never once has my fibre connection been down or even slow. By far the best ISP I have had over the years! Even the billing is easy and painless. As long as they keep up the good work, I will be a loyal customer.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Do you stream from hosts in the USA? We are battling to get international streaming to work well.
Well, I mainly do Twitch streaming, and I watch quite a few international broadcasters. Don't really stream anything else though such as Netflix etc. If you have issues with Twitch, drop me a PM and I can give you alternative solutions to aid with Twitch that you can try as I don't want to turn this thread into a troubleshooting one :)

Tinuva

The Magician
Absolute pleasure to deal with this ISP.

Smallest change I would like to see: (if not done already for 100/200Mbps customers).
The free provided network cable (with the free router) is cool, but would be awesome if it was cat6 instead of cat5.

R Club

Speed is consistent and customer service is quick to respond. Is good value for money provided the network quality remains as there are cheaper ISP's out there.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Full marks from me. No company is perfect, but Cool Ideas is the closest any SA ISP has come to perfection. And they certainly beat anyone else out there atm.

Reactions: OCP

3WA

Executive Member
It's been almost three years! I'd never heard of them when I signed up, but they offered a free router, no sign-up fee, month-to-month instead of contract, and the best price at the time. Then they never did anything to p1ss me off, so I've never actually checked if they're still the best value proposition.

hmmmm.....

Bassield

For the past 8 months the only issue I had was the last three days my network is been at less than 2mbps
But other than that they are awesome at service

ryanrich

VERY happy with Cool Ideas, 10/10 from me. I get just about my max speed, have had zero downtime since I signed up and support is fantastic.

OCP

Expert Member
Having put well over 30 people onto CISP (some came from AH so it didn't take much to be better) and using them for my fibre at home there is not a single complaint or negative comment I can make.
Unlike other providers who appear to provide cheaper services you actually get what you pay for and the customer service is on par if not better than the big enterprises where you pay big bucks to get 24/7/365 support.

Quintonv

I sometimes get the odd bit of jittering a few seconds on a weekend but it's very infrequent.
5/5

marlin178

Expert Member
Absolute pleasure to deal with this ISP.

Smallest change I would like to see: (if not done already for 100/200Mbps customers).
The free provided network cable (with the free router) is cool, but would be awesome if it was cat6 instead of cat5.
At that length (5 or so meters), the difference in performance of CAT5e vs CAT6 would be unnoticeable.

jpburk

Is there an option above excellent, because they deserve it. Any issue i have had has been dealt within a speedy time, and I like that i can call their office and speak to the same person and not have to re-explain the entire situation to another agent. They are the greatest ISP i have signed up with. And i've tested out alot of ISP's!

Reactions: OCP

cnheinrich

As per the other user, we signed up 2-3 years ago, and hardly ever any down-time. Once I needed to phone customer service, and was worried that there was no 24hr customer care telephone number, but I left a message and immediately got a phone call. I will not change.

Tinuva

The Magician
At that length (5 or so meters), the difference in performance of CAT5e vs CAT6 would be unnoticeable.
I had interference on the cable, so it synced at 100mbps instead of 1gig. So it does make a difference. Thank you for your dismissive opinion.

andreasrza

In the service industry, especially one acting as a representative for Open Access SP's, it's super hard to reach that equilibrium.

I can tell you, iv'e been in this industry since 1999, and have my footprint of servers and ISP's all over the place. And Cool Ideas, is an absolute 5/5 when it comes to client facing, 5/5 when it comes to technical. Price-wise, I have yet to find an ISP in my area, offering anything beatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.