JAGG3R

Good day to everyone!

I use to have alot of trouble with rain speeds but since rain sent me one of their outside antenna routers (b2338-168) it has been fairly good for me for months!

Since last friday night i just got disconnected from everything and rain just cannot find a problem to my issue other than the usually "try restarting the router, We have detached and reatached you to the tower". this seems to have become the new catchphrase for rain support!

The speed has slowly started returning but my upload speed has stayed at 0.0/mbps for over a week now and ive tried most option provided on other threads and help groups!

For some reason the band tools cant log into my router even with the correct IP, name and password!
Any help on how to improve this upload speed problem?

Attachments

• ookla 0 speedtest.png
    ookla 0 speedtest.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 31
  • rain speed test 0.png
    rain speed test 0.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 31

JAGG3R

Just to add: My jitters on some speedtest are running really high! sometimes its normal and sometimes it jumps to 400+

jbroo

This router does not support any of the band tools. It is branded Huawei but is in fact a Gemtek board. Use the special login to access the engineering settings, you can set bands etc there. I have posted instructions elsewhere in this forum.

Usually the cause of bad upload is poor signal. Try aiming until your SINR is a positive value.

I have the same CPE/router and it works great.

JAGG3R

This router does not support any of the band tools. It is branded Huawei but is in fact a Gemtek board. Use the special login to access the engineering settings, you can set bands etc there. I have posted instructions elsewhere in this forum.

Usually the cause of bad upload is poor signal. Try aiming until your SINR is a positive value.

thank you for the reply. sorry if i have to say this but when it comes to this kinda stuff im a little noobish...well atleast just the part where you mention "special login to access the engineering settings"

Kiemo

Expert Member
thank you for the reply. sorry if i have to say this but when it comes to this kinda stuff im a little noobish...well atleast just the part where you mention "special login to access the engineering settings"
True ... @jbroo helped me understand as well ... thanks to him ... I’m getting decent speeds on the 250 Rand package ...

JAGG3R

i checked the SINR.....mine is 9 which i assume is a good value!

Attachments

• SINR.png
    SINR.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 23

Kiemo

Expert Member
My RSRP ... and RSSI is good ...

But the others are worst and I’m getting a solid 9 or 8 megabytes consist

Crumbl0x

For LTE the two that matters the most is RSRP and RSRQ
Not necessarily, SINR is a major contributor as well. I used to get 5-10mbps on rain in my early days with excellent values for everything else, but after getting an external antenna I managed to get that up to about 20 and sustained 40-60mbps on Band 38 throughout the day. Of course, can't speak for rain these days

jbroo

I have an SINR between -2 and 2. I can get up to 20mbps download when there is no congestion.

That login, in case you cant find the post:
admin
TDDLTEcpe

JAGG3R

I have an SINR between -2 and 2. I can get up to 20mbps download when there is no congestion.

That login, in case you cant find the post:
admin
TDDLTEcpe
yeah im guessing rain got fed up with me becuase they just emailed me all the info and site band and PCI for the towers. now i have this infront of me and is clueless on what to do. mostly what to type in the DL EARFCN section. any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• rain help.png
    rain help.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 27

jbroo

yeah im guessing rain got fed up with me becuase they just emailed me all the info and site band and PCI for the towers. now i have this infront of me and is clueless on what to do. mostly what to type in the DL EARFCN section. any help will be appreciated
For band 3 it is 1877, for band 38 it is 37900. The PCI just use what they sent you.

JAGG3R

For band 3 it is 1877, for band 38 it is 37900. The PCI just use what they sent you.
ok thank you woill try now....it is wierd becuase the PCI says 351 on the router settings but the files they sent me the towers pci is 408-410

JAGG3R

i am guessing that the tower or router doesnt support band 38 becuase when i change the it to anything other than 1877 im just constantly searching for signal. i dont know what to do anymore, rain even replace my simcard. have not moved anything since last week so i dont know why i all of a suddenly get 0.0 upload speed!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-16 163129.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-16 163129.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 17

jbroo

i am guessing that the tower or router doesnt support band 38 becuase when i change the it to anything other than 1877 im just constantly searching for signal. i dont know what to do anymore, rain even replace my simcard. have not moved anything since last week so i dont know why i all of a suddenly get 0.0 upload speed!
Quite possibly. Most of the towers are band 3, so 1877. You can also use the auto mode - just choose a band, the router will do the rest - just aim and speedtest till you get good signal and speeds.

jbroo

Also don't forget to use the optimiser on the rain website. It helps to see where the towers are so you know where to aim.