Rain 5G Premium package is acctually ADSL 1Mb Package.

PhotonFusion

I have the Rain 5G package and except for a glorious few minutes now and then of 350 Mb/s I tend to get slightly better than Adsl 10 Mb/s speeds on it.

However since wednesday I have not had reliable service at all and during the day I seem incapable of having a stretch of more than 30 minutes on the internet connected, before my connection fails.

The connection then comes back in anything from 5 to 30 minutes and tends to be worse than GPRS for awhile before going back to being ADSL 10 Mb/s or worse till it fails again.

I am in Jhb And in a full coverage area.

My 4G Rain works fine without interruption maintaining its ADSL speeds just fine till 6.

I am at the end of my tether, what is your experience people?

Grouter

Expert Member
I cancelled. Cut the sim in two, tossed it in the bin. Moved to a WISP. Happiness.

Ryansr

Expert Member
I have not even used my Rain data once during the lockdown. My goto for mobile data has been Telkom mobile since Rain was not having good coverage even before the lockdown. So glad that I never signed up for that unlimited Rain bundle. Now they cannot charge me if I never used their data.

Saint_Dee

Sup folks.

I cancelled. Cut the sim in two, tossed it in the bin. Moved to a WISP. Happiness.
Yo. How was the cancellation process? Any cancellation fee? They didn't make the old age "mistake" of still billing you, right?

I'm just tired at this point (their support is bonafide trash).

Grouter

Expert Member
Sup folks.

Yo. How was the cancellation process? Any cancellation fee? They didn't make the old age "mistake" of still billing you, right?

I'm just tired at this point (their support is bonafide trash).
Log in a raindotcoza. click on cancel sim. reach for beer while smiling....oh, wait....just smile.