[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

mine_dump

I dont think linux will work with even the latest Chrome.
VMP does not support linux

As for the netflix downloading a whole OS, that is just simple to try to avoid "pissing off google" by hosting the binary somewhere. Matt hosts it so his addons can quickly download a 8MB file instead of a 800MB OS.

Also note:
VMP is different to Widevine Levels (L1, L3)

Disney allows L3 devices (Kodi, lots of android devices) but gives lower resolution.
Disney does not enforce VMP as that would break Linux browsers.

DStv allows L3 devices with full resolution.
DStv does enforce VMP which breaks Linux browsers (and kodi)
I have a stupid question, sorry, why does showmax still work on kodi? is it just a matter of a few days till is also breaks?

enerdude

Expert Member
I have a stupid question, sorry, why does showmax still work on kodi? is it just a matter of a few days till is also breaks?
I'm assuming it still use L1/L3 widewine and not the VMP version of widewine like the dstv addon used till recently.

js9241698

Showmax isn't enforcing VMP yet.
You can tell VMP by using Chrome dev tools to see the requests.
With VMP, there is often 2x POST requests to the license server.
The first has a very small payload and the server returns the certificate.
The 2nd is the actual request for the decrypt key

KOPITE

Executive Member
Showmax isn't enforcing VMP yet.
You can tell VMP by using Chrome dev tools to see the requests.
With VMP, there is often 2x POST requests to the license server.
The first has a very small payload and the server returns the certificate.
The 2nd is the actual request for the decrypt key
All the resources and money MC is spending could have been better utilized by promoting their product, since you still need an account to use this service.

Who wants to pirate Showmin, I mean so called Showmax with its inferior resolution and variety

Kevo871

Its sad that its not working on windows. Will this addon work on android emulator like bluestacks or noxplayer?

xbmcfan

Its sad that its not working on windows. Will this addon work on android emulator like bluestacks or noxplayer?
No, since emulators don't have built-in Widevine L3, Google won't grant them licenses, only for physical devices.

You could also try the Chrome addon for Kodi and add all your streaming sites to it, then it will open a fullscreen Chrome browser and stream everything in Windows. When you exit, you are back in Kodi.
Much more convenient then using Chrome on it's own for streaming and easier to use with wireless remotes.

enerdude

Expert Member
Do you think it will be resolved?
If you take the time to read the last few pages you will see @js9241698 said that he spoke to the guy that created the IA addon which is needed to make this addon work and currently there is no fix for all operating systems except android. Even android might stop working. So yeah we will have to wait patiently and see.

leonb

Yes, pity this is dead. Kodi is the one system that does proper auto frame rate switching. So for me, DSTV on Android looks like ****.

enerdude

Expert Member
Yes, pity this is dead. Kodi is the one system that does proper auto frame rate switching. So for me, DSTV on Android looks like ****.
Besides not working half the time ...
The addon on android works 100% for me, never had any issues. If you combine it with the iptv merge addon (also from Matt) you have a full screen tv guide that looks better than the android app and similar to the satellite tv guide on a tv.

leonb

The addon on android works 100% for me, never had any issues. If you combine it with the iptv merge addon (also from Matt) you have a full screen tv guide that looks better than the android app and similar to the satellite tv guide on a tv.
It still cannot do proper frame rate switching. So you are watching 25fps content being output at 60fps, with inevitable judder.

enerdude

Expert Member
It still cannot do proper frame rate switching. So you are watching 25fps content being output at 60fps, with inevitable judder.
In kodi's settings --> player --> videos there is 2 settings you can change to avoid judder. Mine has no judder. You need to set settings to 'advanced' mode otherwise you wont see all the possible settings