Rocketnet - feedback?

Pyro

Expert Member
Sweet!

Mine also tested above 10.

Router was still limiting around 4100k, so didn't notice.

This is the 'enough' I was hoping for.

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
@Ronald-RocketNet

What happens to subscribers on the existing 4meg package? stay the same or free upgrade ;)
I believe there will be no more 4Mb line. There has also not been a mention on pricing changes, yet. From what I can see the other ISPs upped their prices like R50. Probably due to the extra bandwidth that will become consumed, and potential hardware upgrades.

Pyro

Expert Member
I'd be quite fine with a R50 (11%) bump to be honest.

Was more miffed that there wasn't a 10Mbps option to begin with, and the R250 (55%) bump to 20Mbps was a little harder to swallow.

Sucks if you're going for the cheapest option though, many people will be fine with almost any fibre speed if it's cheap enough.

Koosvanwyk

Wow that is good. Vuma costs for 100/10 is R1115.. and installation fee is excluded.

If you have Octotel available then it seems like a no-brainer.
There is a vast difference between the Octotel infrastructure compared to the Vumatel infrastructure hence the difference in cost

surface

Expert Member
In my opinion, it is to deter you from leaving ISP for 6 months. As a reward, you get 100 rands discount per month (as compared to other ISP's) for the "loyalty". It seems to be model they came up to outbid other ISP's - seems fair enough to me. Other ISP's don't have such restrictions but then you pay 100 rand more per month. As a blanket rule, I don't like such companies (that lock you for a period) but then you get some benefit. I missed reading it in T & C's but that is my fault. It is only a problem if you don't receive a good service - not sure if that is applicable in your case.

Pyro

Expert Member
In my opinion, it is to deter you from leaving ISP for 6 months. As a reward, you get 100 rands discount per month (as compared to other ISP's) for the "loyalty". It seems to be model they came up to outbid other ISP's - seems fair enough to me. Other ISP's don't have such restrictions but then you pay 100 rand more per month. As a blanket rule, I don't like such companies (that lock you for a period) but then you get some benefit. I missed reading it in T & C's but that is my fault. It is only a problem if you don't receive a good service - not sure if that is applicable in your case.
Not Quite.

Low packages were R100 cheaper than CISP, but carry a R500 activation fee - 5 Month Buy-in.
Higher packages are only R50 or less, but have no activation.

Honestly if I was to cancel after 5 months, and get nailed with a FULL R1500 penalty, I would be VERY cross.
R500 activation + R1500 penalty on a R455 product and you still have to give the router back?

Seems way too harsh to me.