Rocketnet - feedback?

surface

Expert Member
Seems way too harsh to me.
Thanks.. didn't check many ISP's - only 2 stood out in terms of feedback received here. Cool ideas said they don't have coverage in our complex (been with other ISP for almost year on fibre) so rocketnet was the easy option to choose. No real issues so far (I mean apart from intermittent slowdown that all ISP's get based on feedback here).

sand_man

Honorary Master

abudabi

Expert Member
So 120-160Mbps.. 15MB/s-20MB/s
Ah.. I did miss the capital Bs. But even if you account for that and times it by 10 (going from 100 to 1 gig).. it still comes out at 55MB/sec .. 2 to 3 times your estimation.

Ag.. it doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things I suppose. If you happy and you know it clap your hands.

*clap* *clap*
:laugh:

sand_man

Honorary Master
How does Rocketnet and Real-Debrid play? What about torrents? Anyone receive warning letters for abuse either usage related or copyright abuse?

isie

Executive Member
Thanks.. didn't check many ISP's - only 2 stood out in terms of feedback received here. Cool ideas said they don't have coverage in our complex (been with other ISP for almost year on fibre) so rocketnet was the easy option to choose. No real issues so far (I mean apart from intermittent slowdown that all ISP's get based on feedback here).
who is the fibre provider that you couldn't use cool ideas?

surface

Expert Member
who is the fibre provider that you couldn't use cool ideas?
metro fibre. It turned out to be some misunderstanding (on Metro's part) whether 3-month period had expired and later on metro clarified it with cool ideas & rocketnet but rocketnet was quick to contact, follow-up etc..

Nixul

There is a vast difference between the Octotel infrastructure compared to the Vumatel infrastructure hence the difference in cost
I had the choice between Octotel and Vumatel, went to a meeting with Vumatel and they couldn't stop bad mouthing Octotel. Most of the statements they made regarding Octotel turned out to be lies.

Chatting to the Octotel guys was different they never bad mouthed anyone else and for that reason, I ended up going with them. Haven't had any issues since going live.

Ronald-RocketNet

Company Rep
I had the choice between Octotel and Vumatel, went to a meeting with Vumatel and they couldn't stop bad mouthing Octotel. Most of the statements they made regarding Octotel turned out to be lies.

Chatting to the Octotel guys was different they never bad mouthed anyone else and for that reason, I ended up going with them. Haven't had any issues since going live.
We thank you for the feedback.

We can confirm that both Vumatel and Octotel are very professional and we do not recommend one over the other, however we do advise our clients to take the pricing into consideration as well as the SLA each FNO carries.

Regard,
RN.

STORMERSFAN

Not Quite.

Low packages were R100 cheaper than CISP, but carry a R500 activation fee - 5 Month Buy-in.
Higher packages are only R50 or less, but have no activation.

Honestly if I was to cancel after 5 months, and get nailed with a FULL R1500 penalty, I would be VERY cross.
R500 activation + R1500 penalty on a R455 product and you still have to give the router back?

Seems way too harsh to me.
Agree with u..thats why I went with cool ideas..

surface

Expert Member
In general, streaming/browsing has been great experience for last 2 weeks. :thumbsup: I moaned about some minor glitches last month.. eish. It is easy to moan than to provide positive feedback.

Ronald-RocketNet

Company Rep
In general, streaming/browsing has been great experience for last 2 weeks. :thumbsup: I moaned about some minor glitches last month.. eish. It is easy to moan than to provide positive feedback.
We thank you for any form of feedback, be it negative or positive.

We learn from it and use all feedback to grow and improve our customer