Rocketnet - feedback?

electrofreeze

Expert Member
you are the only person ive ever seen get 100% speed on an upload speedtest therfore i think youre just a troll with photosop skills and alteria motives imho.
you have been complaining about your internet for years now, no matter who youre with, always ****, i retract my offer of you coming to websquad, stat where you are.
what are you on about
are you with rocketnet?

Last edited:

Leno

Blitz fibre are starting to install in our building (in PE) tomorrow, will take a few weeks

I am considering RocketNet but I have a few questions

- Do you peer with Hurricane Electric in JHB, I use their ipv6 tunnel service
- Do you have a static ip option by any chance
- Would like to confirm I can use my own router (mikrotik)
- I am in PE, I assume our traffic will breakout in JHB as I think that is where you peer/connect with Blitz?
- Procedure or implications of upgrading or downgrading speed, any charges etc?

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
Blitz fibre are starting to install in our building (in PE) tomorrow, will take a few weeks

I am considering RocketNet but I have a few questions

- Do you peer with Hurricane Electric in JHB, I use their ipv6 tunnel service
- Do you have a static ip option by any chance
- Would like to confirm I can use my own router (mikrotik)
- I am in PE, I assume our traffic will breakout in JHB as I think that is where you peer/connect with Blitz?
- Procedure or implications of upgrading or downgrading speed, any charges etc?
Good day Leno

With regard to you questions:
- We can conform that we peer with Hurricane Electric in all 3 regions (JHB,KZN & CPT).

- We do offer static IP’s on the GPON network (Blitz has built a GPON network), we recommend the our clients make use of DDNS, however you are more then welcome to send us an inbox requesting a static IP.

- You are more then welcome to use your own device and receive credit of R200 for using your own equipment.

- Traffic will be router from PE to CPT.

-With regards to upgrade, this will take 12-24 to authenticate on our side once we received your request. For downgrades please note that we require 1 calendar months notice. There’s is no additional charges to upgrade/downgrade other then the monthly fee.

Yats

@RocketNet-Rep is there an issue with fibre in Midrand on MFN? Can’t get over 1Mbps on a 10Mbps symmetric line. Ping is also over 1000ms. Logged a call but waiting for a ref number.
Anyone else have this issue as well? It was fine 2 hours ago

abudabi

Expert Member
@RocketNet-Rep is there an issue with fibre in Midrand on MFN? Can’t get over 1Mbps on a 10Mbps symmetric line. Ping is also over 1000ms. Logged a call but waiting for a ref number.
Anyone else have this issue as well? It was fine 2 hours ago
Also.. judging from the last few comments in the CISP thread it would seem as if MFN is having issue in midrand.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I'm from CPT yes.
League of legends Server is in Netherlands EU . IP : 104.160.141.3
Roundtrip time is 148ms on my end, that's just the latency to the server and doesn't obviously include any compute time that would be needed for the game server.

Code:
Pinging 104.160.141.3 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 104.160.141.3: bytes=32 time=148ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 104.160.141.3:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 148ms, Maximum = 148ms, Average = 148ms

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
Hey guys. If I refer people to Rocketnet, do I get any benefit? I mean is there a Referral code or something
Good day, you are more then welcome to contact us and we will assist with proving a promo code that may be used. While we are not able to offer any finical compensation, we are more then willing to provide a customer incentive in the form of RN merchandise.

isie

Honorary Master
Good day, you are more then welcome to contact us and we will assist with proving a promo code that may be used. While we are not able to offer any finical compensation, we are more then willing to provide a customer incentive in the form of RN merchandise.
:sneaky: why you telling me this now - i got you so many customers - ask Moe