Rocketnet - feedback?

Loppas

can not watch anything on youtube in hd at the moment as it just buffers permanently
More than likely a line issue if you are having issues even on youtube because thats local. If there were a general problem, you'd see more people complaining about it.

joshuatree

Expert Member
After Vumatel rolled out and became active in our area , we deliberately waited for I think a month for Rocketnet to become active in " Cape Town " and have been with them ever since.

Never to date have had any buffering issues with apps like Youtube - we use Chromecasts and mobile phones ( Android and guest iPhones )

Loppas

full line speed right up to the vuma isp handover
I would suggest running iperf to both local and international during peak time and see what the packetloss is like on your line to rule that out. You can also run winmtr to youtube and any other destinations where you are having issues to see if there is anything at fault on the traceroute.

electrofreeze

Expert Member
I would suggest running iperf to both local and international during peak time and see what the packetloss is like on your line to rule that out. You can also run winmtr to youtube and any other destinations where you are having issues to see if there is anything at fault on the traceroute.
see attached image

Attachments

abudabi

Expert Member
see attached image
Now we're getting somewhere. Glad you decided to post the test results this time around... unlike last year.

So looks like there's an issue at jinx with the handover between google and directel. I dont route through there on websquad... Anyoneone else on RN that can do a similar test?

8-BALL

almost 24 hour session to youtube:

1565893084696.png

Is very interesting how timeouts start happening in the eveing and latency increases.

CPT Southern Subburbs 100Mb line.

Would seem rocketnet no longer frequents the forum
1565893878039.png

Youtube seems ok:
1565893229818.png

Will say my nzb speed fluctuates down quite badly though during this time...

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Just noticed they are doing some maintenance in Cape Town tonight: https://status.rocketnet.co.za/#scheduled-283

CPT: Internet Upstream Provider Maintenance 2 hours ago​
A upstream internet provider will be conducting maintenance in Cape Town. International connectivity may be intermittent or degraded during this change.​
Date: 15th August 2019
Start Time: 21:00
End Time: 00:00

If anyone was wondering why international latency is a bit high.

abudabi

Expert Member
Lol.. OK I take it that's a no then. If you don't have an open call with them... then :shrug:

8-BALL

Lol.. OK I take it that's a no then. If you don't have an open call with them... then :shrug:
If you go back in the thread you'll see electro freeze has had multiple calls open with them all to no avail.

abudabi

Expert Member
Yeah I know the history.. Been here a while myself.

But like you said.. "had". We all know how callcentres and support departments work. If there's no open call then it gets drowned out by the everyday noise.

wingnut771

Executive Member
well, looking at the issue, i would assume it would be affecting everyone on directel, as the loss happens only in jhb, way after last mile.