Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm due for an upgrade in a few days and want to get an Android phone.

I would like to get the Galaxy S3, but it's too pricey and saw that Cell C has the S2 for R280/pm. The specs on this phone are still quite good, you think that I should get this device or is there something else in this price range that is better?

The Cell C package consists of the following:
Cellphone
100 anytime minutes
250MB data pm x 24

Your guys' thoughts?

EDIT: Budget is MAX R300/pm.

Go for it!

The Samsung Galaxy S3 might be the new flagship phone, but the Galaxy S2 is still a fantastic phone, which will last you for years to come.

And the Super Amoled Plus display on it, is simply jaw-droppingly beautiful. :)
 
+1

Good bye S2 hello S3 :D

Go for it!

The Samsung Galaxy S3 might be the new flagship phone, but the Galaxy S2 is still a fantastic phone, which will last you for years to come.

And the Super Amoled Plus display on it, is simply jaw-droppingly beautiful. :)
 
I'm due for an upgrade in a few days and want to get an Android phone.

I would like to get the Galaxy S3, but it's too pricey and saw that Cell C has the S2 for R280/pm. The specs on this phone are still quite good, you think that I should get this device or is there something else in this price range that is better?

The Cell C package consists of the following:
Cellphone
100 anytime minutes
250MB data pm x 24

Your guys' thoughts?

EDIT: Budget is MAX R300/pm.
I'm in the same boat. I'm on an MTN R200 anytime/ top up package. The S2 upgrade is R279 a month, the S3 R400 a month and I hardly use the airtime... i really like the look of both phones, but more-so the S2.
 
Thanks guys. I think I was already sold on the idea, but it's nice getting some positive feedback. Now let's hope there is stock.
 
I must say, watching that video, and seeing them side by side, the S3 isn't that much faster than the S2. Yes, there are parts and items that will load quicker, but overall, they pretty much the same. if you already have the S2, then you really have to be a geek to go get the S3. It's got a bigger screen yes, not by much. I actually think the Note will be a tab bit quicker than the S3, as it almost nails the S2 on certain functions, don't quote me on that, I'll still take the Note over the S3......
 
Anyone else on ICS experiencing this issue where contacts names aren't showing up in the messages list, unless the number is EXACTLY the same.
For example: if the number in my contacts is stored as 082 123 4567 and i receive an sms from +27 82 123 4567, no name shows up. On gingerbread this was never a problem :/

having the same problem!! found a fix yet?
 
Thanks JacquesR

Can anyone tell me if it is worth while to to get the official 2000mAh extended Samsung battery?

My extended battery is well worth while for me. As a heavy user I would run flat by about 7 or 8pm. Now I run until about midnight or so without a concern. Original samsung 2000mah battery, smooths out the back of the phone, only R300 delivered through Kalahari
 
My extended battery is well worth while for me. As a heavy user I would run flat by about 7 or 8pm. Now I run until about midnight or so without a concern. Original samsung 2000mah battery, smooths out the back of the phone, only R300 delivered through Kalahari

Thanks for the info. I got mine yesterday ...
So far:
16h 25m on battery (since last unplugged)
Screen on for 1h 28m
Voice calls 23m
Wifi on for 9hrs
Surfed the web a bit
5 sms'
10 whatsapps
checked facebook
used twitter
73% left in battery

This is on the first full charge of the battery.
 
I already tried those solutions, no luck. Not keen on wiping the phone, that's why i asked here... :P

Can't you backup contacts and other vital data. Then wipe and restore?
Backup contacts through the contacts (export to USB storage). Use TB for the other data. Wipe data in CWM recovery. Reboot and restore ...
This is the most painless way I would have tried first
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X